DE WILDT'S REVENGE - 18 JULY - Now with photos!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Following on from my absolute stupidity of losing the key to the chastity belt as I rounded 3rd base on the way to my first De Wildt ‘home run’,  see chapter 1 at: https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=34691.0 , I decided to do what any red blooded male should do and have another dart at getting into the pants of De Wildt.

Armed with my KEY and full riding gear I set out to join the motley crew led by our tour guide and renegade lawyer – Lightning1. Yes I trailer(ed) my bike behind my trusty old steed, but who wants to burn any energy when you have a (de)wild beast waiting for you and all you can offer her. Sipho, my faithful personal mechanic and pit crew boss raced up to my car when he saw me drive in, and the first thing that blurted out of his grinning mug was ‘remember me boss, did you remember to bring your key this time?’. I nearly fired him on the spot.

Kitted up, bike purring, shaking in my boots, I joined the rest and set off on what can only be described as a brilliant decision to not wait for my wedding day to be ‘deflowered’. It was wonderful. De Wildt was wild yet gentle, aggressive yet rhythmic, whoopy and slippery, silent and loud, muscular and soft. Wow.

My fellow ‘heavy metal renegades’ were unbelievable too. The standard of riding and the guts showed was something to respect. No words or pictures can do this ride justice so I will share only one of the amazing events that will stay with me. Yes, I am aware that if it was not captured on film, it didn’t happen, but…….

We hit a relatively quick section with serious whoops and deep ruts which quickly turned into soft sand. I was chasing down Helen when out of the corner of her eye she saw what SHE claimed was a ‘statue of a man’, but it moved so she took her eyes off the line and fell.

What I saw was something very different.

On our right were 3 very well built, almost naked gentlemen, performing their tribal rituals. When Helen saw the specimens, she lost all control of her being and threw her bike down, got on all fours and bowed down to what can only be described as perfectly formed ‘bronze gods’.  The 3 gents initially were taken aback by the sudden dust storm that Helen created but on the realization that it was a female, they perked up, fluffed up the feathers and basked in their own glory. Helen, you made them proud.

Oh and by the way, I fractured my wrist, sprained my ankle and stripped my gear lever of my KTM. Thank goodness for trailers. Out

Attachments

• DeWildt hand.jpg
    DeWildt hand.jpg
    30.5 KB
hahaha i'd forgotten about that eggs, it was brilliant. But something should be said about thats path, that it was as small as Kate Moss's rear end! and those three guys, random as ever but they had big smiles on their faces:)
Gees Eggs, you rode so well even after the bail, hope you heal soon so we can attack the beast of de wildt again.

oh and the KTMs being trailered-most of them had little plastic bikes, snuggling next to them on the trailers, the KTM guys were helping us non legal rode riders out, cos thats what KTM guys do. Plus if eatmyktm had left me at home with my plastic he would've been neutered:)

Malgat, the initiates were way out of the designated area. We steered well clear of the Miss Piggy section, and did not even go near the hill where Coconuts is. From Big tree we headed down to the river bed, and we came across them near the riverbed, close to a built-up area.

So, we did our bit. They were probably just going for a little walk ...  :)  

Nice One Raymond!

Doing us X Challenges proud, despite the fact that you got towed, its better than not going at all like me.
Gotta sort things out with my girlfriend, I need to ride my bike before it gets spiderwebs all over it.

Seemed like an awesome, tough, challenging day.

Hope your bike is back from Northside in no time.

Cheers
Dino

If anybody is interested in a newbie (ie a very easy) ride around De Wildt, please contact me, by sending me a pm. The newbie ride will be arranged for a Saturday at the beginning of August. This will be aimed at beginners, so do not bother to enquire if you are an experienced rider, as you will be very bored and frustrated.

There will also be another De Wildt ride on the same day for the more experienced riders, so newbies will also get a chance to meet with some of the other members. 

lightning1 said:
If anybody is interested in a newbie (ie a very easy) ride around De Wildt, please contact me, by sending me a pm. The newbie ride will be arranged for a Saturday at the beginning of August. This will be aimed at beginners, so do not bother to enquire if you are an experienced rider, as you will be very bored and frustrated.

There will also be another De Wildt ride on the same day for the more experienced riders, so newbies will also get a chance to meet with some of the other members. 
Beginners ;) Three fences --coconuts -The Rock from the front--not the side. Will be a nice introduction for Newbies :mwink: When i started in the 70's to ride bike--That is where i was introduced as a Newbie ??? Go gentle with them L 1 :peepwall:

I'm there! Which ever route u think is best pls let me know lightening. Really want 2 ride there again! How's the foot doing?

lightning1 said:
Will do Blazes. When you going to join us? 
WHAT join you all :eek: I will keep you all back with my Dark glasses and white walking stick ???

If you are prepared to wait for me i will join as soon as i have a gap with the Tours and exploring ;) This is what De-Wildt looked like in the seventies. Could leave your car and xtra fuel at the Police station--NO problems.

Nice "snor"  :) Police Station long gone as you know, but across the road there is still lots of safe parking and willing attendants. Let us know when you are ready.

lightning1 said:
Nice "snor"  :) Police Station long gone as you know, but across the road there is still lots of safe parking and willing attendants. Let us know when you are ready.
In those days IT was called a Cookie Duster :peepwall:

Will do. We usually start from the Hotel nowdays and head off to Barakalalo.

Been thinking lately that we must try the Hotel again. Only problem is that we will bump into Tombstone Steve, and then never leave again.  ;)

lightning1 said:
Been thinking lately that we must try the Hotel again. Only problem is that we will bump into Tombstone Steve, and then never leave again.  ;)
Eishhh that could be a Problem ::)

thanks l1 that was fun the r100 doesn't have the same travel on the as the new bike but she will go were any other bike will go just a bit slower.

was tones of fun and would like to do it again.

need to fix the crash bar fist

what a great bunch of people!

blauth said:
Respect to the chap on the GS 100.  :thumleft:
I have seen an R80GS go places today where both a 950SE and 640 Adventure had to turn around.
Great report, wish I was closer to your valley so I could join a future ride.

Old story Dustdevil ... It really is not about the bike, as Lance said a loooong time ago.  :)