DE WILDT'S REVENGE - 18 JULY - Now with photos!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dustdevil said:
blauth said:
Respect to the chap on the GS 100.  :thumleft:
I have seen an R80GS go places today where both a 950SE and 640 Adventure had to turn around.
Great report, wish I was closer to your valley so I could join a future ride.

thanks guys it was hard work keeping up speed wise but fun none the less :thumleft:

Malibu said:
Hahahahhaaaaa - ok, so eventually someone got a pic of me going splat.  But it was an awesome ride.   :thumleft:  With a super bunch of people!   :thumleft:  I'm there for the next one... if that was Medium Chilli, what will the next one be called!   :biggrin:

Brilliant Mal ... if you're gonna go down ... how else but to do it in Spectacular Style !!!  :mwink:

Cool Pic to add to your collection  :thumleft:

You need a medic on these trips!....I will volunteer as a newby 'bangat' rider once I'm back home :imaposer:

Looks like fun guys !!

With all the farms you okes are buying I think de Wildt belongs to the Wild Dogs

And here I sit wekking away on a project, bike at Centurion Lifestyle, with it's rear shock down in New Germany.

But this project may either have a new bike in it, or make me a nervous wreck - or possibly both.

But was thinking that when I pitched up for rides with the KLE I sometimes felt like the oke with the smallest willy in the changeroom.  Some time in the future I may feel like the oke with the biggest willy, but feeling embarresed cos I know, that the other okes know, that I'm too old to use it !

lightning1 said:
Old story Dustdevil ... It really is not about the bike, as Lance said a loooong time ago.  :)

I beg to disagree... two reasons why the 950SE was not suitable, it kept on stalling because a lack of torque at low RPM or loosing grip on the back wheel when applying more throttle, eventually the battery was killed because of the many stalls and starts.
Maybe a crazy sun of a bitch would barge up that hill with speed but I am not sure if you could survive it if you needed to go at much more than a crawl.
KTM's were build to race and this is not a race track, in order to survive it is important to have control and slowly weave your way trough the ever changing line that would often disappear into a complete mess of boulders or slippery shale.

Here is a link to see how the G/S was doing, and don't be fooled by the footage, due to the lack of dimensional perspective it makes that road look almost level.
Hints like the front wheel locked and sliding down hill or the incline of guys walking up should help to get the perspective of how steep it was but then you still do not have an idea of how broken up the surface is with only a small hint seeing the quad at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y06wrIJy5jw

GundaGunda said:
Looks like fun guys !!

With all the farms you okes are buying I think de Wildt belongs to the Wild Dogs

And here I sit wekking away on a project, bike at Centurion Lifestyle, with it's rear shock down in New Germany.

But this project may either have a new bike in it, or make me a nervous wreck - or possibly both.

But was thinking that when I pitched up for rides with the KLE I sometimes felt like the oke with the smallest willy in the changeroom.  Some time in the future I may feel like the oke with the biggest willy, but feeling embarresed cos I know, that the other okes know, that I'm too old to use it !

Very funny GG!! :imaposer: :imaposer:

Thanks Dustdevil, that is excellent. I know all about the camera flattening the angles!

What I meant though was that sometimes the bike's only limitation is the rider.

Unfortunately you don't want to ask for comment on that video.
Bad riding made it "come out" not putting power down.