Free State Trippie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJred

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Midweek arrived, Wednesday 13th Aug,  and I just had to ride, so I decided to explore a bit of the Free State dirt roads.
The route were: R82 to Vereeninging, Right onto the R57 just outside sasolburg industrial area.
Left on the S46 and this is were the dirt started all the way to Frankfort. Outside Frankfort it was on the R707 to Petrus Steyn. From there it was a series of dirt roads to a place called Kaallaagte, to Arlinton, to Steynsrus, to Edenville, and back to Petrus Steyn.
What was amazing on this trip was the amount of guest farms that I saw. In the middle of nowhere on a some 2 track dirt road you would suddenly see the sign of some guest farm, and there were quite a few of these.
Yet again I realised that Afrika was designed for these DS bikes, man oh man the bike just ate these dirt roads for breakfast. Really wonder full riding.

Some pics
013.jpg

015.jpg

019.jpg

This used to be a general dealer, not much left of the place.
020.jpg

Found this little church in Arlington.
022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

This must have been a school hostel at one stage.
028.jpg

This place in Edenville is packed with restored cars and bikes. Unfortunatly it was closed, as i would have loved to get some pics of the olden beauties in here.
029.jpg

030.jpg

031.jpg

Now here is the Katoem chatting up a lekka Free State tjerrie
032.jpg

033.jpg

The katoem having some sucses and getting its ear nibbled
035.jpg