Ghosts In The Groot Rivier

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
keithk said:
Shot Jdog! lekker RR I see you have the best of two worlds with the 690 & 950 Adv which do you prefer?

690 vs. 950 vs. 1200 = whore vs. wife vs. nun

All good.

nice ride j-dog, agreed grootrivier poort is not too bad, can do it on different scoots just at different speeds.

am mighty impressed with my xt, rode the poort with thump sometime ago with that huge luggage thing weighing on the back, my plastic bash plate still hasn't got a single scratch and i wasn't going too slowly either.

vara's and stroms are going to have to crawl in places.

J-dog said:
keithk said:
Shot Jdog! lekker RR I see you have the best of two worlds with the 690 & 950 Adv which do you prefer?

All good.

Great explanation maybe you should quote here as well:https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=57333.msg1161689#msg1161689

Lekker J-Dog  :thumleft:, your writing is evocative , it makes me feel I am there riding that 690 myself . In fact I want to rush out and go buy one now  :mwink:

Your TR reminds me of my 3 day Cederberg solo 2 years ago when I could hardly ride off-road . No Cell phone reception and off the beaten tracks,  in a heat wave and couldn't pick up my own bike.  :eek: There is an extra dimension to riding solo in the wilds that you never get with others around. It adds a mythical element , one feels like a warrior from old, especially if the weather adds a bit of danger  , lovely .  >:D :biggrin:

SnakeyXT said:
nice ride j-dog, agreed grootrivier poort is not too bad, can do it on different scoots just at different speeds.

am mighty impressed with my xt, rode the poort with thump sometime ago with that huge luggage thing weighing on the back, my plastic bash plate still hasn't got a single scratch and i wasn't going too slowly either.

vara's and stroms are going to have to crawl in places.

Loose that luggage and you could fly up instead of leaving a snail trail  :pot:

Rynet said:
Lekker J-Dog   :thumleft:, your writing is evocative , it makes me feel I am there riding that 690 myself . In fact I want to rush out and go buy one now  :mwink:

Do it! Do it!  ;)

J-dog said:
Funny - my wife was speaking to a KTM rider at the home maker's fair on Saturday (a guy I know) and he advised that bikers should NEVER ride solo. Especially where there are little or no vehicles and no cell phone signal. That's what it was like in the poort. What you gays think?

Doing it solo ads that something special to a ride, which you so eloquently managed to convey.

jupiter said:
J-dog said:
Funny - my wife was speaking to a KTM rider at the home maker's fair on Saturday (a guy I know) and he advised that bikers should NEVER ride solo. Especially where there are little or no vehicles and no cell phone signal. That's what it was like in the poort. What you gays think?

Doing it solo ads that something special to a ride, which you so eloquently managed to convey.

Ah Jups you are my favourite fan  :thumleft:

J-dog said:
keithk said:

All good.

:imaposer: you can do things with a whore you would never do with your wife, things a nun didnt even think is possible...

J-dog said:
jupiter said:
J-dog said:

Ah Jups you are my favourite fan  :thumleft:

I'm gatkruiping for a ride.

Good one bud! Sorry you had to buy more tyre levers still got yours that you left in my tailbag!! Need to have a brekkie sometime and I will drop them off!

TornadoF5 said:
Good one bud! Sorry you had to buy more tyre levers still got yours that you left in my tailbag!! Need to have a brekkie sometime and I will drop them off!

I'm more of a beer man as you know, but I guess beer over brekkie is also an option  :)

J-dog said:
TornadoF5 said:

I'm more of a beer man as you know, but I guess beer over brekkie is also an option  :)
Yeah gonna have to wait till next week off to CT tomorrow coming back Sat. Man now I'm lus for a Captain Morgan with an omelette for breakfast......

TornadoF5 said:
J-dog said:
TornadoF5 said:

I'm more of a beer man as you know, but I guess beer over brekkie is also an option  :)
Yeah gonna have to wait till next week off to CT tomorrow coming back Sat. Man now I'm lus for a Captain Morgan with an omelette for breakfast......

Welcome back. Now dust off the 990.

what a nice telling story, and  :thumleft:, unknown to me!