Hi there from an Old Newbie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Been a member for awhile already and before that a very regular reader of this forum.  Eventually decided to get the intro over and done with.
I have been involve with bikes from way way back.  Had a couple of super bikes but then got a massive responsibility attack and got rid of it to raise the kids.  Returned again some time ago but this time on the touring part of things (R1200RT).  In response to a question (can't even remember anymore what it was) a friend referred me to the WD web site.  That is where it all started to go horribly wrong for us (or is that RIGHT?).
Was not long before I UPGRADED to the adventure fraternity (R1200GSA). What do they say about "rather late...."? (You WD bunch should hold a collection and drop off a bag of groceries every month. These bikes are almost out of reach for normal people)
Nevertheless, not a moment of regret! We (me & my wife) have already done several trips (solo), mostly put together from the trip reports of other WD's.  What a fantastic way to explore our beautifull country. Looking forward to ride with WD groups sometime (of course allways keeping my skill level in mind which is still newbie)