Leisurely Ride in the Eastern Free State. Yeah PIC's posted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Raggety said:
MelkkanTrip013a.jpg

Nice trip and pics..

Where was this pic taken? Everybody sayd the FS is flat...but pics dont lie. :thumleft:

Hey Ama , east of the N1 the Free State is not flat.

That pic was taken at point 113 on the first part of the route that DeonDj posted.Pic taken looking to the East

Another Pic in Rosendal.
MelkkanTrip032a.jpg

. Taken from Krokodil's place in Rosendal.

Dit sou lekker gewess het as jy hier was met jou vlerke.

Julle ouens in die Kaap het baie  mooi plekke,  maar hier by ons ons is daar 'n paar besonderse plekke om te ry.

;D
In  second part  of route, after having a excellent breakie and coffee at Rosendal, we tackled the bit rougher part.  The gravel was mixed, loose stones, sand patcehs, rocky areas, "sinkplaat",  but not to hectic

Turning North Easterly.  This pics taken at point 116( I think) on the plotted route.
MelkkanTrip035a.jpg

MelkkanTrip037a.jpg

MelkkanTrip039a.jpg

MelkkanTrip040a.jpg

The last stretch after crossing the Tar between Senekal and Rosendal (R70)..to the N5 near Paul Roux This part had the most variation of the type of road surface.

Point 117 on the route
MelkkanTrip041a.jpg

DeonDj Lurking in the bushes
MelkkanTrip044a.jpg

A few hundred meters further
MelkkanTrip049a.jpg

MelkkanTrip050a.jpg

MelkkanTrip056a.jpg

The last few pics for the day

MelkkanTrip058a.jpg

Punching in the poit on the GPS (118)
MelkkanTrip059a.jpg

Just before greeting
MelkkanTrip063a.jpg

Read the name - you must come and visit here  at the ..............
MelkkanTrip067a.jpg

Roses and all
MelkkanTrip068a.jpg

Arriving at home.
MelkkanTrip073a.jpg

Left home just before 8 am and back just after 12.

DeonDj , thanx for a super morning.

We invite all the WD's of the Free State, come ride this area.

And the rest of the forum is also welcome.

We really enjoyed a piece of the beauty of Creation that morning.

Sies, Rags! Hoekom se jy niks van die trip nie? Sou baie lekkerder gewees het om saam julle te ry as om by die huis te sit en wag vir die vertrek Bloemfontein toe vir die rugby!

Raggety are we going to do another one on SAturday? Different route? Milkybar you in?
WAs just cold in the morning but refreshing..
dd.jpg

Se net DeonDJ! Koue het my nog nooit afgeskrik nie. Het toe wel my biketrip ingekry Saterdag. 13h00 met die bikes Bloemfontein toe vir die rugby en eers 22h15 terug in Hoopstad gestop. 3grade gewees toe ons die ketel by die huis aansit. Hierdie girl is nie bang vir koue nie!

Mooi man, net vir Raggety inkry, my backseat rider sal dan ook by wees, ja die koue is deel van die pret, net 'n roete kry, sal nie 'n probleem wees met Raggety nie.

Naais! Mooi area, mooi fietse. Moet sê, daai swart AT is darem mooi (ahem, al het hulle spares nodig >:D of is dit maar net vooruitbeplanning ;D)

Moet sê, daai swart AT is darem mooi (ahem, al het hulle spares nodig  of is dit maar net vooruitbeplanning )

Ahem,mmmm, ja dis vooruit beplaning, altyd handig, weet nooit waneer ek gaan stof byt nie, amper daar in Rosendal oor die melk emmers geval van die oor so 'n bietjie oopmaak, so as daar spares is laat weet man? Sukkel net om die swart ene se spares te kry, party keer dink ek die AT is die 200 Cr op die plaas, maar laat ek jou se die twee verskil maar allemintag..., die gewig man, die gewig, hy't goeie brieke maar hy vat soooolaaaank om te stop.

Jammer Milkybar , ek en Deon het So gepraat praat deur die week.  Ek dink ons het eers Vrydag middag besluit om die rit te doen.

Die rit was op Sondag oggend ( julle so "raas" gekry het het by Herman the German) .

Ek het regtitg DAD se handewerk waardeer.

DeonDj, en ek het gepraat, dat ons hierdei Saterdag weer so wil maak - sou ek die blou brute nog hê,  dan kan ons plan maak . My kinders kom net dalk kuier - hulle upa groet voordat ons Pretoria gaan.

Ai jaai jaai ja jaai.

Is reg so! Hannes tokkel in elk geval sy kitaar Sondag. Saterdag oop! No pressure!! Nou wat nou? So vinnig GP toe?

Ama ride ride said:
Raggety said:

Nice trip and pics..

Where was this pic taken? Everybody sayd the FS is flat...but pics dont lie. :thumleft:

Yes Ama - that is a common misconception. I grew up in Bethlehem and I can tell you that the area is anything but flat.

Depending on which time of the year you visit, one can have completely different experiences. The dry, cold and brown winter scenery has its own magic and then of course a completely different picture await in summer - it really is awesome country. Just a pity I wasn't allowed a 2wheel companion when growing up . . . :crybaby2:

Thanks for bringing back nice memories Raggety and DeonDJ - I sure wish I had the time to join you for the next one!

Nice, thanks for the pics of the place I still call home!  :thumleft: