Lowveld Dual Bike Adv (LDBA) - The Full Story!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The road to the lodge was fine but once we turned left to get over the dune, the bikes were dropping again. Now, we had more laughs and everybody was in a good mood and looking forward to a cold 2M! On arrival at the lodge we were treated to the greatest spread of seafood which included crayfish, prawns, chips, rice, two salads and lotsa R&R’s!
IMG_4846.jpg

DSC_5463.jpg

DSC_5460.jpg

Eddie Kelsey and I having a good laugh about the days “scenic” Route!
DSC_5437.jpg

The next day the group had so many stories to tell and the good vibe just carried on. Three of us took our bikes out on the beach and with luck the cops did not catch us!
P1000495.jpg

IMG_4796.jpg

IMG_4794.jpg

IMG_4791.jpg

IMG_4790.jpg

IMG_4785.jpg

IMG_4779.jpg

IMG_4770.jpg

IMG_4764.jpg

IMG_4758.jpg

IMG_4755.jpg

Check the “home-made” lights that helped Smokes and Reinart through the scenic route.
IMG_4762.jpg

IMG_4761.jpg

The beach ride was bliss!! bliss!! bliss!!
IMG_4821.jpg

IMG_4822.jpg

IMG_4817.jpg

IMG_4813.jpg

IMG_4808.jpg

IMG_4807.jpg

IMG_4806.jpg

Johan Duvenhage
IMG_4816.jpg

Smokes
IMG_4815.jpg

IMG_4810.jpg

IMG_4804.jpg

IMG_4802.jpg

P1000514.jpg

P1000541.jpg

P1000549.jpg

P1000565.jpg

IMG_4823.jpg

My bike is gediens vandag en eks besig om te pak!  :laughing4: :imaposer: :imaposer: :ricky:

Dinner consisted of a ½ Portugese Chicken etc and music by the well-known local Rastaman, DeLaRey! The ambulance was his taxi to get all his equipment from his shack to the lodge and back!
IMG_4851.jpg

Amalia Herman
IMG_4841.jpg

Shaun Hanley
IMG_4839.jpg

IMG_4831.jpg

IMG_4831.jpg

IMG_4829.jpg

Tuesday we all departed after yet another great breakfast.
P1000493.jpg

20 bikes, a local truck, the ambulance and local pedestrians all on the ferry at once! What a sight!
IMG_4891.jpg

IMG_4890.jpg

Liezel Greyling
IMG_4889.jpg

IMG_4888.jpg

IMG_4886.jpg

Mandie – all the way from Stellenbosh on her 800GS
IMG_4883.jpg

IMG_4879.jpg

IMG_4875.jpg

Hondsekiere – Oubaas se honne maar dit was lekker!
IMG_4874.jpg

Smokes – Riaan jou stouter!
IMG_4873.jpg

IMG_4872.jpg

IMG_4871.jpg

IMG_4870.jpg

IMG_4869.jpg

IMG_4868.jpg

IMG_4866.jpg

IMG_4865.jpg

IMG_4863.jpg

IMG_4862.jpg

IMG_4861.jpg

IMG_4859.jpg

IMG_4858.jpg

IMG_4855.jpg

IMG_4854.jpg

IMG_4853.jpg

Many have already said that they will not miss this event and the Moz Prawn run next year.
The next event will also be in the Lowveld region, probably in the Machadodorp area. More Mozambique and Swaziland weekend events will follow soon. Myself and JustBlippit will keep you updated on this!
Here are some comments I received on email:
“Hi Rika, Wil net vir jou dankie sê vir die afgelope naweek op Badplaas,dit was goed georganiseer,kos was lekker sowel die venue. Beste van alles was die roete Saterdag,was op plekke waar ek nooit sou kom nie. Volgende keer bespreek ek eerste om teleurstelling te voorkom met wie ek saam bly in n bungalo. Tenere groete, Bobby”
“Cool Rika, A fab ride it certainly was! that Orange route was stunning! My leg ended up not being torn ligaments but shattered the end of the tibia. Going for operation tomorrow for plate and bone graft. Thanks for looking after my bike. Ride it if you want. Will chat to again later when I am out and about. Cheers Marc. “
“Thanks Rika, it was a privilege to be a Marshal at such a well planned event. We were lucky enough to be involved in the laying out of the routes so we got to ride them often and explore this beautiful area. Although the planning and recce of these routes takes months and months of riding, mapping and plotting it was a great experience and I look forward to next year! Cheers, Mark (Just Blippit)
“What a greate trip it was and i want to congratulate Rieka on awell organized trip. It wasnt easy we had to fight all the elements, {cold,dust,bad roads,and SAND} But with all this it was greate. To everybody attending what greate bunchs of boys and girls you are. I really enjoyed the company off all of you. Next year i am back again. Thanks Fanie van Dyk. “
“Dear Rika, Many thanks for this very well organised week-end…yes indeed, the Mozambique extension sounded very nice. I am so delighted to have “won” the Introduction course to off Road Motor Cycle from Jan Staal from Country Trax…what an honour! I badly needed…thank you Jan… I enjoy every minute of it. Kind regards. Olivier DUFFAR. “
“Hi, It was my first time doing a ride like this and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Everything from freezing in my tent, having my bike cut out in a Sappi forest I was not permitted to being in, to bailing of my Aprilia just minutes before the end of the last bit of off-road track. I know now that I will be doing many more of these in the future. Thanks for arranging. Barry (Aprilia). “
“Morning, Hope you had a safe trip. Thank you for the trip and organization it all went really well. I’m busy at the moment to try organize a courier for the pitbike and will let know when I have come up with a plan. Kind regards Marc-Ross Harvey. “
“Baie baie geluk op ‘n great event! You kicked ass baby! Well done! Sal lekker drink kom drink by jou! 27 studente vat net hier en daar grond! Petronel (Care for Wild). “
“Goeie môre Rika, Net ‘n kort woord van dankie vir die reëlings en aanbieding van die eerste LDBA ‘event’. Ek reken jy kan tevrede voel. (Dit ‘probleme’ wat agter die skerms gebeur weet net die orgainseerders van!) Ek het die naweek baie geniet. Groete Johan Badenhorst (JB Train Tours). “
“Hi Rika, I want to thank you on behalf of the whole team at Zambesi Motorrad, Dean and myself had an awesome week-end and I really enjoyed riding with two of your marshals that I met there. It was all organized very well and I cannot fault anything at all, I look forward to the next one. Thank you for your hospitality. Paul du Preez. “
“Dear Rika, I hope this email finds you well and safe at home. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your visit and booking at Forever Resorts Badplaas. I really hope that you enjoyed your stay and had a most successful and memorable rally. By the looks of the attached video, I assume the riders enjoyed their stay. There were a few complaints about noisey bikes on Friday evening and would just like to say thank you for your input, Saturday evening was quieter, apart from the video scene. Warm regards Louise Brand. “

Keep well and I hope to see more dogs at LDBA next year.
Regards Rieks

Hey Hondsekierie! Nice meeting you at LDBA, pity I had to eat so much of your dust! Anyway now at least you understand what that big luminous green sticker on my screen was for!  :imaposer:

By the way, your Avatar shows you ride a BMW, but I only saw you riding a KTM!  ???
Have you come over to the darkside or what?? :patch:

Just Blip It! said:
Hey Hondsekierie! Nice meeting you at LDBA, pity I had to eat so much of your dust! Anyway now at least you understand what that big luminous green sticker on my screen was for!  :imaposer:

By the way, your Avatar shows you ride a BMW, but I only saw you riding a KTM!  ???
Have you come over to the darkside or what?? :patch:

Ha ha Ya Johan did ANYTHING to stay out of the dust......Like pushing others off the road etc...Ha ha ha ....!!!! :ricky: Was all good fun!  :thumleft:

Hey man! Just looking at these pics I am missing it already!!! Hey Guys and Gals it was real fun. Pity I missed out on the Moz part, but had my leg op yesterday so am already Looking fwd to the next one!!!!
Roll on!!! 8) ;) :thumleft:

Thanks to all for sharing pics etc.  Look like you all has a FAB time.
Big congrats to Rieks, for organising.  With all the hard work and marketing, it was bound to be a huge success.
Go Rieks Go. :thumleft: :thumleft:
How I wish I could have been there too.  Hopefuilly next time.
Now that you have proved your "salt" and set the standard. Next years performance had better be awesome.  I hope you started doing the [planning for next year all ready

Good one Rieks

Dit lyk regtig lekker. Julle kan bly wees daai strand is buite Kortbroek van Schalkwyk se jurisdiksie :imaposer:, Johan, sien jy was ook saam.

Hey Tweets - hoe ken jy my! Yes im riding to 3 lodges on Sunday to check out spots - its going to be bigger and better for sure. Ive learned from a few mistakes but overall i've had a lot of compliments thanks! Hopefully our timing on the wind will be better  :ricky: Moz will be part of programme for sure - with better planning to get there before dark this time! Just Blippit and I will keep you all posted on the Swazi Dual Bike Adventure weekend. This one will be less complicated and easier on the budget! Go well ..

Seems a GREAT time was had by all...!  :thumleft:

Was packing my kit away and discovered my goggles are missing after a stuffed my leg up. Has any one got them? They were on my bike and could have been left in the recovery vehicle or other vehicle? Black Scotts Goggles with Black Strap. If you have please let me know. Thanks.