My 1st ride report, in the mountains of Piketberg! Not for the faint harted....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MalcolmX

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
This is my first ride report and quite exited to do it and what you guys think of it, I not going to tipe alot because I think the photos speaks for itself, here it goes!!

Arriving in Piketberg
DSC00168.jpg

Going up the mountain!
DSC00154.jpg

I drove around and saw a big hole that looked like a sort of quarry
DSC00153.jpg

DSC00156.jpg

DSC00157.jpg

Downhill, not my favourite :eek:
DSC00159.jpg

Hillclimbs, my favourite! :biggrin:
DSC00160.jpg

Going threw a little water crossing
DSC00164.jpg

And threw I am :imaposer:
DSC00165.jpg

I came to the top and what a beautiful sight
DSC00152.jpg

I always wanted to be a stunt man and jump off some stuff and I did! It's not that high but it gives me a good feeling. (Always start small)
DSC00171.jpg

The proof :deal:
DSC00172.jpg

Photo's of getting dirty
DSC00169.jpg

DSC00170.jpg

Wilddogs!!!
DSC00173.jpg

The last was where I ended my trippie in Piketberg. (Literally)
DSC00163.jpg

Image0053-1.jpg

Image0054-2.jpg

Image0055-2.jpg

Ek sê dit nou in afrikaans, dit was kak lekker!

Good for starters. Next time, take it slow, take a tent, think about life and keep the bike in one piece. You are on the right track. My heart almost did not make it. :biggrin:

Stroke Her said:
Boetie, jou pa gaan jou gatvelle aftrek as jy daardie bike so deur jou gat trek >:D
My Pa het my vertel,"my seun, sulke goed gebeur, mens leer uit jou foute! Jy betaal net vir jou eie skade!" :thumleft:

Cool stuff, goeie begin, teen die tyd wat jy so oud soos die res hier is, mag jy dalk 'n paar in die roll of honour hê

Daar is basies net 1 foto wat my laat sal verlang na die plek, ek heg hom aan.
Verder is dit nie vir my cool om fotos van quarrygate en klipformasies te sien nie.

Keep it up.

Attachments

• DSC00152.jpg
    DSC00152.jpg
    104.1 KB
tok-tokkie said:
That was cool.  Was that the route up from Goedverwacht?
Mmmmmm ???, in Piketberg? I drove into a farm at a huge logicool building just outside piketberg, the rout started there, that what you asking?

Highlander said:
Cool stuff, goeie begin, teen die tyd wat jy so oud soos die res hier is, mag jy dalk 'n paar in die roll of honour hê

Daar is basies net 1 foto wat my laat sal verlang na die plek, ek heg hom aan.
Verder is dit nie vir my cool om fotos van quarrygate en klipformasies te sien nie.

Keep it up.
Praat jy, om net daar bo te sit en te vergeet van als. (skool!!)  ;)

Thanks for sharing !  You certainly don't lack spunk  >:D

I wanted to tell you people how the fall happend, i came down the mountain and tried something realy stupid, i geared to neutral and switched the bike off to see if i could get past a dog that always barks at me when my roaring nxr comes past, so i went down and saw that there was a VERY sharp turn. I was too afraid to turn and I went down a grassy field thing with lots of wasted material, ok, i went down the grassy thing and saw a huge rock in front of me, i hit the front break hard and bam!

MalcolmNXR said:
I wanted to tell you people how the fall happend, i came down the mountain and tried something realy stupid, i geared to neutral and switched the bike off to see if i could get past a dog that always barks at me when my roaring nxr comes past, so i went down and saw that there was a VERY sharp turn. I was too afraid to turn and I went down a grassy field thing with lots of wasted material, ok, i went down the grassy thing and saw a huge rock in front of me, i hit the front break hard and bam!

Dis nie die storie wat ek gehoor het nie :pot:

I ended up with bits of glass in my side, stuck deep in my skin and also a lot of cuts around the middle of my body, was worth the fall!;-)

Latest posts