Namaqualand Solo Aug/Sep 2013

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A well written RR with amazing pictures with an amazing story...  :thumleft:

Excelent RR!!!  :thumright:

With a solo trip, you experience the peolpe more. People tend to open more towards you... and I love this! The trip means so much more... we experienced the same with Michelle's and myself 's Sani Trip...

Nice RR, Muis Huis is in Van Rhynsdorp though :biggrin:

You should have stopped at our work for a nice cold ale

Well done. Must have been a Great trip!!

Eendag..........

Nightwind said:
A testing gravel road took me further until I reached Vredendal. The Olifants river was full and pushed up into the vineyards. I am not sure whether this is a good thing or not. At some places the vines were totally covered by water.

Good for the vineyards - the sludge results in a high yield. Thats why it's planted there

index.php

Very nice RR, thanks  :thumleft:

:sip: Now this was a really awesome RR , photos are beautiful and what I would not do to camp next to that piece of gravel road with nature as stunning as that  :thumleft:

I always turn green when I read these nice ride reports.
Keeps the dreams alive though till I one day have the chance to go out for myself!

Dankie Heimer.
Ek het nogal so vermoed! Amper van die pad af gery toe ek dit sien. Het my laat dink aan die Nyl wat sy walle een maal 'n jaar oorstroom...

Nice RR and stunning pics. Too many years ago, I spent my school holidays in Doornbaai and Strandfontein. Winter was a bitch, summer was brilliant. My sister was the midwife there and her husband was a fitter in the fish factory. Still love the west coast. Someone once wrote, "The west coast is the land of milk and honey, you just need to take your own milk and honey" Somehow sums it up pretty well.