Northern Cape Jolyt!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great report LS
Looking at those sandy tracks, maybe "Soiled Adonis" would be more apt. :tshirt:

Keep it coming.

Amazing pics and report once again...thanks :)

I want tubeless tyres!

Excellent report LS. As always you make me wanna go ride that route sommer nou. Thanks for sharing!! :wink:

Certainly way better than my #$%^&* swimming lessons I had in N-Kzn.

8) Excellent report LS, I really enjoyed reading that. You guys make the DS lifestyle a great alternative to the speed thing 8) 8)

PS. You may have noticed that you signed your name close to mine on Eeton's wall :wink: :p ... and no, I did not write that "Mal Porra" comment, that was Eeton, maybe it was something I said :oops: :p :D :D :D

north87sb1.jpg

DaCat said:
PS. You may have noticed that you signed your name close to mine on Eeton's wall :wink: :p ... and no, I did not write that "Mal Porra" comment, that was Eeton, maybe it was something I said :oops: :p :D :D :D
Yes, I did notice
I didn't say anything because I was hoping you or someone else would pick up on it 8)
Small world indeed :wink:

It's becoming pretty obvious that we can shut the AA travel guide down
Ask a Wilddog - it's been there !!! :)

Another great one LS

aaaah TIME !!!!! where will we ever get enough of it

What more can I say that LS hasn't already said so brilliantly, except to thank Marli, Kaboef, Zanie and LS for one unforgettable experience. You guys ROCK!!!

Here are some more pics:

The long road to the North.

The Kaboefs

The Lucky?s

One tired GS

One tyred Pofadder

The sand highway back to the N7

Our merry little camp on the pan

The long road South

Excellent! Those pics of the desert landscapes are stunning! Having just come back from an unforgetable trip and reading the other trip reports I have come to the conclusion that all Wilddog trips are unforgetable! Well done you guys (and girls).

The Kaboef's, Lucky's and the Butches, thanks for taking us on your journey.

Awesome stuff :thumbleft:

It is a mazing the places where we can go and ride, just a bit of imagination and a conversation can lead to some good trips with friends. Thanks

Jis!!!
You did one of the trips I so much want to do :D
Thanks for the awsome pic and stunning report.
That 4x4 track is a must I think.

Great trip, so many places, so little time.

That barman knows nothing. If he was expecting you to get to Pella from there he obviously hasn't done it. The turnoff you should have taken was here;

Pella Turnoff" lat=-29.1700395286, lon=17.8261597152

There is a critical turnoff that you need to take or else you get to do a lot of exploring. The road you need to get over to is here;

"Pella Road" lat=-29.0418086926, lon=18.1676308835

From the you just stay on the "main gravel" road, it is marked to Pella.

If you ever get to go there again, then Klein Pella has a camp site. that is pretty good.

If you are keen there are many 4x4 roads down to the river where you can camp. It is a stunning part of the world.

Kamanya said:
Great trip, so many places, so little time.

That barman knows nothing. If he was expecting you to get to Pella from there he obviously hasn't done it. The turnoff you should have taken was here;

Pella Turnoff" lat=-29.1700395286, lon=17.8261597152

There is a critical turnoff that you need to take or else you get to do a lot of exploring. The road you need to get over to is here;

"Pella Road" lat=-29.0418086926, lon=18.1676308835

From the you just stay on the "main gravel" road, it is marked to Pella.

If you ever get to go there again, then Klein Pella has a camp site. that is pretty good.

If you are keen there are many 4x4 roads down to the river where you can camp. It is a stunning part of the world.

Dear Western Cape WD friends....
Will you please stop posting trip reports making me want to come back.... :?

LS as usual do you take awesome pics. What about a coffe table book....Will you please sign my copy? :D

Kamanya.
You are right about the turn offs and I support you that Klein Pella got a lekker campsite. Hard but wonderfull country.

Ji-Jack on
There is very sandy jeep track next (and near) to the river from Klein Pella to region Goodhouse. I am hard at planning in going back and try to stay as near as the river possible from Onseepkans to Alexanderbay. As you will agree it will be hell on a heavy DS bike but its something I want to do. I got a contact number for the part between the N7 and Goodhouse. And that part got 80km of the best evilst sand one get here in SA.
Hi-Jack off

Ama ride ride said:
I am hard at planning in going back and try to stay as near as the river possible from Onseepkans to Alexanderbay.

Hijack on/

As jy my nie saam nooi nie ARR is daar k@k :wink:

/Hijack Off

Leo said:
Ama ride ride said:
I am hard at planning in going back and try to stay as near as the river possible from Onseepkans to Alexanderbay.

Hijack on/

As jy my nie saam nooi nie ARR is daar k@k :wink:

/Hijack Off

Hi-Jack
Leo, thanks for volunteering....after the tenth spill of the day in that sand one will need all the hands to get a bike up again.... :twisted: :D
Hi-Jack off