Northern Cape Jolyt!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thank you for a very entertaining report :wink: i really don't want to imagine what the three of you would get up to if the women don't go along :roll:

Ama,Leo, count me in if you okes want to do it.

The ideal bike for something like that is a 640 Katoom (yum yum!) or a oldish XR600.
Something that you can drop without remorse. And drop it you will. Many times.

We rode next to the sandy tracks for a while (sorry for the Greenies here), and the amount of meerkat-gate is astonishing. The loaded-up pig would sometimes just sag into the ground for no reason, and then it took a quick throtte blip and some agressive riding to keep the momentum.
That's how I dropped her the first time. Front wheel just sank into the ground (I presume it was one of the many meerkat-gate)

It would be an amazing trip to ride those trails for a couple of days. Very tough, but memorable.

You guys had a hell of a trip and I'm quite jaloers op julle trip!! Must have been the best report I've read in a long time! The pictures is better than better.
Thanks for sharing it with us and keep up the good work, we enjoy it!!

I recently stumbled across this classic Luckystriker & co report. What an awesome ride it was, captured with stunning pictures. 

This area is certainly currently my favourite place to ride in SA.

And I love this pic:

north52ym5.jpg

So much so that I have decided to ride there myself to take one too.  :biggrin:

oo7 said:
I recently stumbled across this classic Luckystriker & co report. What an awesome ride it was, captured with stunning pictures. 

This area is certainly currently my favourite place to ride in SA.

And I love this pic:

north52ym5.jpg

So much so that I have decided to ride there myself to take one too.  :biggrin:

Yep I thought that pic was cover material the first time I saw it,epic. :thumleft: