One too many a pass to name them all... eSKaPe & Misty - Dec 09

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys and gals for reading so far – a few more days on the way shortly

And yes Carlos, we were a bit tired, but you know, that satisfied tired  :)

nemodakar – um... well you more than welcome too  ;)

DAY 10/11/12 – Biedou Valley to Hondeklipbaai – 590km - https://www.skulpieskraal.co.za/index.html

After a good nights rest we were ready for the road again… but we couldn’t say the same about my bike… the nut was loose again, at least still intact.

We had the farmer’s workshop to our disposal, but after an hour and a half, we tightened it as best we could and took an easy ride to Clan William, where once again luck was on our side as there was a guy who had the right tools and he tightened her up good – so with another 2 and a half hour delay for the day, we decided to cut out the one part of our planned route (unfortunately the route we had in mind from day one), but there was no way we would have got to Hondeklipbaai before dark, so we headed straight there on the N7 to Garies and then on gravel from there – but not too worry, we made sure we explored the area properly in the days that followed.

044-1.jpg

045-1.jpg

046-1.jpg

047-1.jpg

048-1.jpg

049-1.jpg

050-1.jpg

051-1.jpg

052-1.jpg

053-1.jpg

Shady the dog was our ever faithful tour guide

054-1.jpg

055-1.jpg

056-1.jpg

057-1.jpg

058-1.jpg

059-1.jpg

After a lekker evening with our hosts and a bottle of red wine too many, the next morning the only thing eSKaPe wanted was coffee… and to know whether that chair should be on the wall?!  :eek:  8)

060-1.jpg

061-1.jpg

062-1.jpg

There was no where else we would have wanted to be for New Year 2010 – we had a braai with the locals, good people, good food, good wine and good music – HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all!

063-1.jpg

064-1.jpg

DAY 13 – Hondeklipbaai to Springbok – 386km - https://www.naries.co.za/accomodation-naries.html

From Hondeklipbaai we weren’t going far, because there was a little place I wanted to stay at called Naries – between Kleinzee and Springbok. We decided to do a loop of the area as a day ride: Hondeklipbaai – Koingnaas – Kleinzee – Springbok – Wildeperdehoekpas – Naries Guesthouse

065-1.jpg

066-1.jpg

067-1.jpg

069-1.jpg

068-1.jpg

DAY 14 – Springbok to Keimoes – 450km - https://www.ouskoolguesthouse.co.za/

Being almost at the end of our trip, we made the most of the beautiful day. We went to Augrabies via Pofadder… it was hellishly hot though at Augrabies and I felt like jumping into the falls (no, it wasnt bad enough for suicide)  :)

070-1.jpg

071-1.jpg

But the cute Pienk Padstal restored us… just love my new ride!

072-1.jpg

073-1.jpg

074-1.jpg

In Keimoes we stayed in the Old School that they renovated as a B&B – very very cute – even with its own dam where we were able to cool down. The mangers wife was horrified when this chick arrived on a bike fuelling her hubbies fire to get her onto his 650GS so that he can buy the 800GS!!!

A nice meal and a glass of wine next to the vineyards just rounded it all off perfectly.

075-1.jpg

DAY 15 – Keimoes to JHB – 800km

The long way home… we just hit the tar flat out…

After a total of 4384km - we were glad to be home safe, but sad to be home… wishing we followed that sign instead just after Upington that said “NAMIBIA”… maybe next year… or is that this year already…

077-1.jpg

And after my baby behaved so well I gave her a wash and a polish… now she’s all pretty with a road somewhere to go… eSKaPe had to clean his own bike...   :D

078-1.jpg

With that,,, till next time  :ricky:

Stunning!!! Some lovely & interesting pics! ekke lekker jaloers! seker dis baie lekker om terug te wees by die werk?  :pot:

Schnelga said:
Glad you made it home safely
Photos are super
I think we should have slide show/braai again...what do you think?

Hey glad you made it too S and :thumleft: for a show/braai!

1 KAT said:
and we had a gr8 ride all of us...esp the sand tracks by the beach ;D

Um... ja... especially for the 1200GS ;)

1 KAT said:
sandy - u should have called me, would have taken u 4 a ride on katie... >:D

Or maybe that was a good thing he didnt - you and katie might have ended up in the sea... you know Sandy cant see blue :peepwall: :biggrin:

Malibu said:
Fantastic Misty... looks like you had a super trip and holiday!  Some of your pics are brilliant!  :thumleft:

Thanks Mal and everyone else too :)

Sunflower said:
Stunning!!! Some lovely & interesting pics! ekke lekker jaloers! seker dis baie lekker om terug te wees by die werk?   :pot:

:p  :biggrin:

Great trip Misty!
Would love to do similar trip with bertrand, hopefully soon!
Great pics, thanx for sharing :thumleft:

Wooly Bugger said:
awesome report so far!

Um... sorry to dissapoint WB - that is the whole report :biggrin: The Namibia part is for next time ;)

Really nice and thanks for sharing :thumleft:

(New year's resolution: Get myself a girlfriend who likes biking and can ride herself :biggrin:)

Well done M and E

HSK said:
Really nice and thanks for sharing :thumleft:

(New year's resolution: Get myself a girlfriend who likes biking and can ride herself a bike :biggrin:)

fixed >:D

nemodakar said:
Fat chance, I wish I could do my own.
I really should learn to express myself better.

I know - was just teasing :)

HSK said:
(New year's resolution: Get myself a girlfriend who likes biking and can ride herself :biggrin:)

:thumleft:

and Brink... do behave now ;)