A Dirty Wild Dog Rides to God's Country to Visit Da Yoopers, Eh.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s a rocky trail, perfect for an off road tire like a Michelin Pilot Power size 190/50/17 rear and 120/70/17 front  :imaposer:

Came upon this little stream crossing.  What was I to do, I’m on a street bike not a dual sport or dirt bike.  Will I make it across?

Does a bear shit in the woods?  I was relieved to get the Duc back on the tarmac.  Once I arrived back to the tarmac, I saw this sign.  Great.  Luckily, I only had to ride the loose gravel for a few miles.

A little reading for you WildDog’s about the Cliff Mine.

From Cliff Mine, I continued north to ride a road what can only be described as heavenly.  Five Mile Point road is nothing but curves, roller coaster perfect pavement, and Lake Superior’s beautiful blue waters.

Following pics of the views Five Mile Point road offers.

An Iron Ore freighter in the distance, most likely sailing toward Duluth, Minnesota or Superior, Wisconsin.

I even rode this stretch of hard packed gravel to practice my TT skills.  Love riding dirt on a non-traction control bike.  No electronic nannies to get in the way of steering with the rear.

Turned around and rode back towards Eagle River, Michigan.  Decided to stop for a drink break at a roadside picnic area named, WC Veale Park.

After quenching my thirst, back on Heavenly road aka Five Mile Point Road.

This monument shows respect to Douglas Houghton, for which the County is named after.

Whoopsie Daisy, I need to back up to Calumet.  I just discovered several pics I didn’t include.

More pics of the amazing church.