Breedsnek 21-02-2010

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vilaishima

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
On Sunday Bullwai and I joined some friends on a ride through Magalies. After having a quick breakfast at the Wimpy we headed out towards rustenburg on the R24. We split with them at the Breedsnek road while they carried on the tar way round Olifanshoek.

Breedsnek proved interesting at one or two places and was tremendous fun  :thumleft:
We found Brink and some of his  companions on Africa Twins at the top. There was also a HP2 that left just as we got to the top. Not sure if he is on the forum. Unfortunately the "interesting" places are usually not suited to stop and take a picture but hopefully these pics will give some idea.

BullWai and one of our road going friends trying to figure out where the hell we are  ;)
1-1.jpg

From the facial expressions it should be clear who will be doing the gravel road.
2.jpg

Just onto the dirt road.
3.jpg

At the top
4.jpg

The way we came up.
5.jpg

6.jpg

A very happy BullWai
7.jpg

On the way down.
8.jpg

9.jpg

BullWai should add his contribution later.

Dankie Rolf Dit was moerse lekker :thumleft:
Ons

Rolf oppad af  :eek: :drif:

Iets om te drink  :p

Oppad na die Teer  :'(

I did Breedts Nek twice on Sunday but decided against a third time with all those mountain bikers - they were blocking the whole show.  Check my fred in Gen Biking about MB'ers and etiquette.  Did you guys suffer the same fate?

Must say, notwithstanding the traffic, the road is alot of fun at the moment on that short stretch towards Buffelspoort.  Was it your group that had the guy on the 1200ADV.  He really didn't have a pleasant time but luckily one of his mates came to his rescue.

HSK said:
I did Breedts Nek twice on Sunday but decided against a third time with all those mountain bikers - they were blocking the whole show.  Check my fred in Gen Biking about MB'ers and etiquette.  Did you guys suffer the same fate?

Must say, notwithstanding the traffic, the road is alot of fun at the moment on that short stretch towards Buffelspoort.  Was it your group that had the guy on the 1200ADV.  He really didn't have a pleasant time but luckily one of his mates came to his rescue.

Yup, same fate, they automatically assume you will have to wait for them to pass. Some of the bloody mountainbikers don't even look up but just come riding directly towards you without looking.

We were only two guys: One KLR and one Caponord. You left shortly after we got to the top. You came past me and we greeted as I walked up the ridge towards the shaded area where you were parked. The road down proved lots of fun.  :thumleft: