dusty saw her rusty at stanley funduro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for the tip cloudgazer!  As soon as i am on both my feet ;) and not hopping my way around i will tackle the lift

cloudgazer said:
Wow.
Quite an experience.
Yup, stick with the dogs - they look after the pack.

laurika said:
......now all i have to learn is to put my lady on the centrestand....but hey....small steps....brave one!!! :thumleft:

I recently fitted a centre stand, and couldn't get my bike up onto it, until I got this bit of advice.

Stand on left of bike facing forward.
Hold the left handlebar grip with your left hand, and the pillion grip or somewhere on the side of the bike near the pillion footpeg with your right hand.  For the right hand, lower is better.
Now put your right foot on the centrestand foot lever thingy and push the stand down till you can feel that both feet of the stand are on the ground.
Push down with your right foot while pulling up with your right hand, in one fluid motion.  If you can engineer it so that your right hand is low enough that you don't need to use your arm to lift - only your body as you straighten your leg, so much the better.

Pulling up - thats the trick, lifting your bike, and not trying to pull it backwards onto the stand is the trick. Works wonders.
i am going to try that again....before my bike gets fixed up on wednesday..... :mwink:

:lamer:CapeKLR i just might join you!  Hoop die enkel is dan al reg, want ek't al baie drama's met dit gehad!  Let's check out closer to the time .... it would be nice if we can get of our pack to join us :3some:

Dunce said:
Hi Dusty, We have a track in Gordon's Bay that will offer any noob or experienced rider a good days ride.
It has a kiddies track 900m and an easy MX track,1.3km long as well as a 8km Enduro loop.
It is family orientated with flush toilets for men and ladies,Open air on top,great views LOL.
We have braai facilities and under shade parking in a secure area.
Directions: off the N2 from CPT to Sir Lowries pass, just before monkey town,turn right into Broadlands road,about 1.5km on left you will see Strand Foam (big long buildings) at the end of their property turn left onto the dirt road and drive about 1 km into the track entrance. There will be a lady or a guy there to collect your fees and explain the rules.No helmet no ride and ride anti- clock wise on all tracks and no speeding in pit lane(Car park)
Fees, R70/day bigger bikes.
Small (Kiddies bike) R40/bike.
Monday to Friday-half days R40/bike.
This track is run by dads and moms who want a safe and fun place to ride their bikes.
Call me if you would like someone to ride with you.
Dean

Dean, when i hear mx my ankel sommer start paining more!  WHo know ... die ouens van bellville, mag dalk eendag by jou uitslaan  ;)

lonerider said:
Pleco said:
Dusty Rusty said:
Jip, luckily I had my Foxies on!

Jammer om te hoor. Maar dis goed dat jy daai boots dra. My safetys gee nie crush protection nie.

Ons trippie was beter ne!

Jy kon maar gese het, ons ouens kon jou Vrydag gewys het hoe om jou bike op te tel. Maar ek moet saamstem met die ander ouens. n Bike kursus is n moet.

Ons moet uitkyk vir een, want Lizelle moet ook nog gaan. :ricky:

Ons trippie het gerock!

Get hold of the guys at CountryTrax. I'm sure if you've got a few committed people looking to do a course they might be able to throw something together for you, else just slot in with some of their existing course dates. Definitely a worthy experience!

Dusty Rusty said:
Wes, all that I need is the neck thing.  We chatted about you the weekend ne?  They say you are fearless on your bike.    :eek: 

I'd like to meet this version
:peepwall:

;D

Man, that sounds like an experience that really sucked. When the foot is better, go ride with the dogs!  :thumleft:

Hey Dusty can we also see your rusty  :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4:

Rough Rider said:
Hey Dusty can we also see your rusty  :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4:

watch it bru, her hubby will moer you one time... and she's an oordentilike dame :deal:

Dusty was super brave , I blame the guys she was with, this day has put her of a wonderfull sport. the funny part was that the guy that took her the was in the pits smoking the whole day ???

Dusty keep going! it get better and falling is part of it just wear the right gear

laurika said:
cloudgazer said:
Wow.
Quite an experience.
Yup, stick with the dogs - they look after the pack.

laurika said:
......now all i have to learn is to put my lady on the centrestand....but hey....small steps....brave one!!! :thumleft:

I recently fitted a centre stand, and couldn't get my bike up onto it, until I got this bit of advice.

Stand on left of bike facing forward.
Hold the left handlebar grip with your left hand, and the pillion grip or somewhere on the side of the bike near the pillion footpeg with your right hand.  For the right hand, lower is better.
Now put your right foot on the centrestand foot lever thingy and push the stand down till you can feel that both feet of the stand are on the ground.
Push down with your right foot while pulling up with your right hand, in one fluid motion.  If you can engineer it so that your right hand is low enough that you don't need to use your arm to lift - only your body as you straighten your leg, so much the better.

Pulling up - thats the trick, lifting your bike, and not trying to pull it backwards onto the stand is the trick. Works wonders.
i am going to try that again....before my bike gets fixed up on wednesday..... :mwink:

Go my girlie roll model!

Rough Rider said:
Hey Dusty can we also see your rusty  :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4:

:imaposer:  HEY!  DOWN BOY!  :imaposer:

Kungfu Panda said:
Dusty was super brave , I blame the guys she was with, this day has put her of a wonderfull sport. the funny part was that the guy that took her the was in the pits smoking the whole day ???

Dusty keep going! it get better and falling is part of it just wear the right gear

My Hero of The Day!  Jy was so a sweetie.  Baie dankie dat jy so mooi gehelp het!  Sodra ek kan, dan is ek weer op daai bike!  Hoop om jou weer raak te loop!  Dalk moet jy eendag saam met die puppies kom ry.  Ek wil graag 'n puppie dag na Paarl berg reel A.S.A.P!  Ry veilig mr Panda  :hello: 

Dusty Rusty said:
Dunce said:
Hi Dusty, We have a track in Gordon's Bay that will offer any noob or experienced rider a good days ride.
It has a kiddies track 900m and an easy MX track,1.3km long as well as a 8km Enduro loop.
It is family orientated with flush toilets for men and ladies,Open air on top,great views LOL.
We have braai facilities and under shade parking in a secure area.
Directions: off the N2 from CPT to Sir Lowries pass, just before monkey town,turn right into Broadlands road,about 1.5km on left you will see Strand Foam (big long buildings) at the end of their property turn left onto the dirt road and drive about 1 km into the track entrance. There will be a lady or a guy there to collect your fees and explain the rules.No helmet no ride and ride anti- clock wise on all tracks and no speeding in pit lane(Car park)
Fees, R70/day bigger bikes.
Small (Kiddies bike) R40/bike.
Monday to Friday-half days R40/bike.
This track is run by dads and moms who want a safe and fun place to ride their bikes.
Call me if you would like someone to ride with you.
Dean

Dean, when i hear mx my ankel sommer start paining more!  WHo know ... die ouens van bellville, mag dalk eendag by jou uitslaan  ;)
Dusty, MX tracks will help your DS riding allot.Ask the guys who ride and ride well.You do not have to do 10m jumps but just time on the bike leaning into corners and trying out good riding techniques will improve your DS riding.
The Enduro track is great for fitness and something diffrent to going round and round.
It is really a great training aid as you learn more in a day at a track then 6 days in the saddle riding down a dirt road.
So give it a try sometime and see the improvements in your riding.
Dean

Okey Dean what about this idea:  :peepwall:  i organize a puppy and girlie day with a braai after  all the excitment BUT  .... YOU mr Dean, must babysit and instruct us for the day!  You game?  :3some: ;) :wav:

Dean, I know oneor two girls with KLR's.  Sal daai bikes nie te groot wees vir die track nie?

Hey Dusty!

Well Done for Trying!

Now that you have seen the worst ( Almost the worst) that is out there. The rest will be easy and one day when you go back you will have the neccessary skill sets to show the Plastic bikes off!!

Cheers

Slaley is not for the faint hearted!!! RESPECT!!  :thumleft:

I would not try that on a TW.

Kenisis said:
Hey Dusty!

Well Done for Trying!

Now that you have seen the worst ( Almost the worst) that is out there. The rest will be easy and one day when you go back you will have the neccessary skill sets to show the Plastic bikes off!!

Cheers

Then Dusty kick their rusties!  ;)

Dusty Rusty said:
Okey Dean what about this idea:   :peepwall:  i organize a puppy and girlie day with a braai after  all the excitment BUT  .... YOU mr Dean, must babysit and instruct us for the day!  You game?   :3some: ;) :wav:
Cool call me I will be there.
:biggrin: