Quarry ride that turned into a Whoops ride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ja nee julle het baie guts om met daai swaar bikes in daai sand te gaan speel!Nice pics en wel gedaan julle almal :thumleft:

The camera (angle) often makes slopes (and whoops) look a lot tamer than they are. This is the same slope...

Attachments

• Quarry_March_2012_043_[640x480][1].JPG
    Quarry_March_2012_043_[640x480][1].JPG
    121.6 KB
  • Quarry_March_2012_036_[640x480][1].JPG
    Quarry_March_2012_036_[640x480][1].JPG
    113.2 KB
Thanks for the RR Rynet and also for the reward after the ride  :biggrin:
Kudos to you for taking your GS to places most other piggies will never see, well done  :thumleft:

It was a lot of fun riding with you guys. I couldn't have asked for a better Sunday afternoon entertainment.
I am afraid it will be pretty boring in comparison when I do my solo rides again.

Good one Rynet my dah'lin  :biggrin:

Now which one of those ugly mugs was CP, and wassi doin in SA??

J-dog said:
Good one Rynet my dah'lin  :biggrin:

Now which one of those ugly mugs was CP, and wassi doin in SA??

Hello J-Darling  :ricky:

Unfotunately I only have shot of China Pete with helmet. He has the jacket with the yelllow in .

Attachments

• Quarry March 2012 001 [640x480].JPG
    Quarry March 2012 001 [640x480].JPG
    114.5 KB
  • Quarry March 2012 002 [640x480].JPG
    Quarry March 2012 002 [640x480].JPG
    124.8 KB
@ I& Horse, thanks and yikes did I ride up that slope  :eek:

DirtyHarry said:
Thanks for the RR Rynet and also for the reward after the ride  :biggrin:
Kudos to you for taking your GS to places most other piggies will never see, well done  :thumleft:

It was a lot of fun riding with you guys. I couldn't have asked for a better Sunday afternoon entertainment.
I am afraid it will be pretty boring in comparison when I do my solo rides again.

:thumleft: :thumleft:  :3some:

Ja, its all those damn good for nothing I dont give respect plastic bikers who cause the trouble with the little community. They dont slow down and they are also fairly ignorant. Takes just a couple of bad apples to ruin everything.

I slow right down when I go in there and greet where I can. Respect them and they will respect you.

1pm is a little hot and from what I remember, the wind was giving it gas!

respect to you for riding those whoops, especially to you Rynet.  Jy ry al sand soos n Champ...Kamanya het jou goed geleer.

Yup, loads of respect from my side to, that 1200 can be a handful in those conditions..... 8) :thumleft:

Rynet said:

Nope not that one  :p  but you did ride up some other pretty impressively steep slopes  :thumleft:

Rough Rider said:
Rynet said:

Nope not that one   :p  but you did ride up some other pretty impressively steep slopes  :thumleft:
:biggrin: :thumleft:

I don,t know how you get it right with those beasts, well done, Experience, expertise and a bit of maddogs and englishmen only

tgg said:
I don,t know how you get it right with those beasts, well done, Experience, expertise and a bit of maddogs and englishmen only

They are freeking nuts if you ask me  ;D ;D

Well done Lady! (Thats my partner!)  :biggrin:

If you can ride a big bike in there, then you can ride almost anywhere!

No just the steep downhills!  (for both of us)

Got a few tips which I would like to try when the bike is going again.  :thumleft:

Here is one of the promised videos; although I think I will be shot  ::)

[flash=600,450]https://www.youtube.com/v/O-jXkXbyuuY[/flash]

Super Ten styling and me cocking the hill climb up  :ricky:

[flash=600,450]https://www.youtube.com/v/qJZQZZT_xzQ[/flash]

I&horse said:
The camera (angle) often makes slopes (and whoops) look a lot tamer than they are. This is the same slope...

This give you a little perspective of the steepness of some of the slopes in the quarry  :thumleft:

3-26-2012_032.jpg

3-26-2012_068.jpg