Quarry ride that turned into a Whoops ride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! Thanks for sharing! Respect for riding those bikes there!

Classic one Rynet  :mwink:

Attachments

• Quarry March 2012 066 [640x480].JPG
    Quarry March 2012 066 [640x480].JPG
    139.4 KB
Hehe Michiel  :laughing4: ek is darem beter as die eerste keer toe ek saam met jou en Kreef in 2 spoor sand was , onthou jy hoe het ek toe gesukkel en hoe baie julle my moes help  :p

Rough Rider said:
Here is one of the promised videos; although I think I will be shot  ::)

[flash=600,450]https://www.youtube.com/v/O-jXkXbyuuY[/flash]

Great Video Rough Rider, thanks  :thumleft: :thumleft:

You cannot see the whoops so clearly in the vid , but you can clearly hear the unevenness of the accelerator to appreciate how many of those darn whoops there are . ( more uneven than a Husky would even normally sound -joke  :peepwall: )

Ps anyone know why they are called Whoops , they should rather be called Yikes !! :laughing4: :laughing4:

Holy cow.. when I saw the thread title I thought oh no.. who ended up in hospital

Glad it was just a fatigue ride and not an accident ride.. hope to join you one day

Muz

Fuzzy Muzzy said:
Holy cow.. when I saw the thread title I thought oh no.. who ended up in hospital

Glad it was just a fatigue ride and not an accident ride.. hope to join you one day

Muz

Come with this Sunday Fuzz?  :thumleft:  :thumleft:, looking for guys to ride with me again , must be patient , have sense of humour and must be able to pick up a GS 1200  :laughing4: :laughing4:

Rynet said:
Fuzzy Muzzy said:
Muz
Come with this Sunday Fuzz?  :thumleft:  :thumleft:, looking for guys to ride with me again , must be patient , have sense of humour and must be able to pick up a GS 1200   :laughing4: :laughing4:
And after the ride Rynet will spray your face with the magic ...  :biggrin:

Rynet said:
Fuzzy Muzzy said:

Muz

Come with this Sunday Fuzz?  :thumleft:  :thumleft:, looking for guys to ride with me again , must be patient , have sense of humour and must be able to pick up a GS 1200   :laughing4: :laughing4:

I wish I could.. last time I went riding in the quarry I broke my bike and my hand but as soon as the bike is fixed and the finger has healed I will be there for sure.

DirtyHarry said:
Rynet said:
Fuzzy Muzzy said:
Muz
And after the ride Rynet will spray your face with the magic ...  :biggrin:

Yeah; that is the best part of the whole day; well that and the nuts  ;D

Rynet said:
Rough Rider said:
Here is one of the promised videos; although I think I will be shot  ::)

[flash=600,450]https://www.youtube.com/v/O-jXkXbyuuY[/flash]

Great Video Rough Rider, thanks  :thumleft: :thumleft:

You cannot see the whoops so clearly in the vid , but you can clearly hear the unevenness of the accelerator to appreciate how many of those darn whoops there are . ( more uneven than a Husky would even normally sound -joke  :peepwall: )

Ps anyone know why they are called Whoops , they should rather be called Yikes !! :laughing4: :laughing4:

As I told you before that is one of the more gnarly whooped sections in Parklands, and it really is quite a challenge, so well done  :thumleft:.

I've seen plenty of riders unexpectedly exploring the wattle bush on the section, and of course I've fallen often along there.  These days I avoid it as much as I can get away with, and when I have to ride it I use age as an excuse and sommer paddle the whole thing.

Rough Rider said:
DirtyHarry said:
Rynet said:
Fuzzy Muzzy said:
Muz
Come with this Sunday Fuzz?  :thumleft:  :thumleft:, looking for guys to ride with me again , must be patient , have sense of humour and must be able to pick up a GS 1200   :laughing4: :laughing4:
And after the ride Rynet will spray your face with the magic ...  :biggrin:

Yeah; that is the best part of the whole day; well that and the nuts  ;D

Hehe guys glad you enjoyed it  :biggrin:.  That was small enough reward for helping me with the monster . I always carry a small spray bottle of vodka, its great to sterilise hands , injuries etc , clean your visor and a quick deodorant/wash if there is no water near . Best of all it stays ice cold in the heat so it's great to spray on your face to cool you down when you are all hot and sweaty. I usually close my eyes and mouth when I do that, but have noticed that you guys like leaving your mouths open  :imaposer: :imaposer:

There was a useful thread on it recently by Missinglink ( although I have been using it for much longer than that)

https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=89569.0

And I always carry my own nuts , its great for protein when you need it . This time it was almonds . :mwink:

Thanks guys for an amazing ride and taking lots of pics. The feeling of accomplishment of having steered those heavy beasts through the thickest,most whooped out tracks in the Southern hemisphere is great. But whats better is the feeling of comraderie, knowing that you can rely on any one of this group to help you get out of the shit when you need it. 

superten said:
Thanks guys for an amazing ride and taking lots of pics. The feeling of accomplishment of having steered those heavy beasts through the thickest,most whooped out tracks in the Southern hemisphere is great. But whats better is the feeling of comraderie, knowing that you can rely on any one of this group to help you get out of the shit when you need it. 

I agree Superten, that was the best feeling :thumleft: :thumleft:

Another short video from that ride.

[flash=600,450]https://www.youtube.com/v/AGLHNMJZ3f4[/flash]

Another video in the quarry, with some coaching involved.

[flash=680,485]https://www.youtube.com/v/tTJiauAs49k[/flash]

Sure looks like you all had a really Gr8 time over there :thumleft: :thumleft:

Thanks for sharing ;)

That Husky looks like fun.From the video, and from where we were standing.

superten said:

Well said.. when I fell and broke my finger in the quarry the fellow dogs all worked together to get me out as quickly as possible, without complaint or hesitation.  :thumleft:

Rough Rider said:
Super Ten styling and me cocking the hill climb up  :ricky:

[flash=600,450]https://www.youtube.com/v/qJZQZZT_xzQ[/flash]

Looked like you got up there just fine?