Strydpoort

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After the swim we felt refreshed and ready to return to the farm house. None of us knew exactly
what the road was like or how it went but Jaco has a good sense of direction so we just followed his lead.

Dusty.

Strydpoort045.jpg

Strydpoort046.jpg

Strydpoort047.jpg

Strydpoort048.jpg

Andre.

Strydpoort049.jpg

Strydpoort050.jpg

HPN 540 parked against a boulder.

Strydpoort051.jpg

Dusty.

Strydpoort052.jpg

Recovering HPN 540.

Strydpoort053.jpg

Strydpoort054.jpg

Jaco leading the way.

Strydpoort055.jpg

Andre.

Strydpoort056.jpg

Strydpoort057.jpg

Strydpoort058.jpg

Strydpoort059.jpg

Everybody made it up this little section with more or less flying colors and then when I went I screwed it up!
The video, that is coming soon, will show how I hurt my girl by not practicing what I preach.  :D

At this point the road became very faint. We could see we were going in the right direction but suddenly
we realized it was not going to be as easy as we thought. This was going to take longer and require more
effort.

Strydpoort060.jpg

A view back towards the farm house.

Strydpoort061.jpg

We had our work cut out! Here the road drops steeply and in the distance the first bad climb awaiting us.

Strydpoort062.jpg

At this point only Jaco has not had a bad fall of sorts. We cheered him on so he could go first to show us the lines.

Strydpoort063.jpg

Dusty dropping into the abyss.

Strydpoort064.jpg

Strydpoort065.jpg

Great stuff, Michiel.  As always, great pics.  Also as usual you don't consider it fun unless you're kakking off!  :p  :biggrin:

Crossed-up said:
Great stuff, Michiel.  As always, great pics.  Also as usual you don't consider it fun unless you're kakking off!  :p  :biggrin:

Now you sound like Kamanya!  :imaposer: Goodness knows why but I really only get my fill when we ride
in places like this. It becomes an expensive endeavor but I can live with that. I have to.

Here is the video.

[flash=700,420]https://www.youtube.com/v/kp7vjt7YwuM&list=UUm_qtk4U2Crzp2eUl9Ss-ZA&index=1&feature=plcp[/flash]

As always - hats of to you and your riding buddies Michiel!! Sad beginning but lovely RR & Pics! Thanks :thumleft:

capeklr said:
Michiel as always a stunning ride report from you.  :thumleft: :thumleft:

+1000000 :thumleft: :thumleft:

Gr8 video too ;)

Awesome report! 

Saved video under C:\Michiel se fokken mal videos\Strydpoort.flv

Loved it!

Michiel you should join up on advrider.com, with reports and video's like this you'll be world famous soon. :thumleft:

Glad everybody is enjoying the media.

Remember: This ride will happen again and it will be even more exiting. PM me your details if you are interested so I can contact you with a date.

Nice one Michiel and co , as usual , gripping stuff ! :thumleft:

Awesome stuff! Lekker video ook  :thumleft:

Michiel said:
Glad everybody is enjoying the media.

Remember: This ride will happen again and it will be even more exiting. PM me your details if you are interested so I can contact you with a date.

Sweet! PM on its way!!!  :drif:

Ping ROVRAT!!!!  :mwink:

So we were not out of the woods yet as this still lay ahead.

Strydpoort066.jpg

For now we just focussed on the obstacle at hand.

Strydpoort067.jpg

Strydpoort068.jpg

When Dusty got to the top of this one he shouted: "Jaaaa, fu**ing AMAZING!"

Strydpoort069.jpg

Strydpoort070.jpg

Jaco with feet out but no fear.

Strydpoort071.jpg

Strydpoort072.jpg

Strydpoort073.jpg

Strydpoort074.jpg

Andre. He got target fixation and I was the target!

Strydpoort075.jpg

Strydpoort076.jpg

Strydpoort077.jpg

The next obstacle was a natural "gutter" in the mountain. By now I was completely finished tired.
We also didn't bring enough water and Dusty and I were on empty stomachs the whole day. The end
was indeed not in sight either. Andre was starting to become worried as the sun was sinking lower and lower.

Strydpoort078.jpg

Wolfmother said:
Awesome report! 

Saved video under C:\Michiel se fokken mal videos\Strydpoort.flv

Loved it!

:imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: