Strydpoort

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear about your friend ,
But an awesome ride and video you made Michiel.
As usual Michiel , you go op the most un-ridable looking routes.
Well gone with the big and small bikes !

What size tyres does your bike take Michiel ? , I`ve got some used tyres that look new compared to that slick you have on the rear

Huge respect!!  :ricky:

Dankie Michiel (et al) - ek geniet hierdie nou regtig baie!!  :thumleft:

Nice report ,wens ek was fiks genoeg vir die tiepe ding. Goei oevening vir julle HELL  trippie

Strydpoort031.jpg

Nice boere tan...maar is jou bene nie ook veronderstel om bruin te wees nie? :eek:

Gaan n plan moet maak om volgende keer saam te kom.  :thumleft:

Andy660 said:
Sorry to hear about your friend ,
But an awesome ride and video you made Michiel.
As usual Michiel , you go op the most un-ridable looking routes.
Well gone with the big and small bikes !

What size tyres does your bike take Michiel ? , I`ve got some used tyres that look new compared to that slick you have on the rear

Thanks for the kind words. Glad you're enjoying the video. We live to go explore these routes.

There is only one tyre that works for this sort of riding culture, the only one I'll ever use: Michelin Desert! 140/80-18

If you have a 17" rear wheel the baby Desert, Michelin T63, works quite well too as long as you don't ride too hard. The Desert though
can handle a big engine. The Desert I used on this ride had more than 10 000 km on already.  :ricky:

By the time we got to the top of Rooi Krans we were completely and utterly finished. I haven't been so tired
since Lesotho and Mamponyane's infamous valley! Sack and ROVRat will know what I'm talking about.  ;D

On top of Rooi Krans we got slightly lost and while I walked to see where we should go the others camped out and waited.

Strydpoort079.jpg

Andre was worried that The General back home was going to skin him alive for being so late and not
letting know where we are. We had no cellphone signal for most of the day.

Strydpoort082.jpg

Jaco was also tired but being so young he doesn't know yet why Andre is so worried.  :D

Strydpoort083.jpg

The ride down was luckily straight forward and with gravity helping us along we quickly got to the bottom.

Strydpoort084.jpg

Strydpoort085.jpg

Dusty: baie moeg!

Strydpoort086.jpg

At this point I stopped taking pictures. We spent a little while at the farm house, which is equally beautiful
and tranquil, before we made for Midddelburg. Arrived just after sun set. Happy as a pig in Palestine!  :ricky:

Strydpoort087.jpg

Remebmer: those that like what they saw here please send me a PM with your details like a telephone number
because I want to go ride at Strydpoort again and the more the merrier!
:deal:

Better late than sorry my mom always used to say.....she is always late.

The first casualty for the day.....the surface was so loose the bike would nearly come to a complete standstill while spinning out rocks and debris. Sudden traction with a still standing bike and back wheel spinning at 30km/h will surly stall the motor straight away. On these sort of inclines you don't just simply put your feet down and keep her upright.
IMG00715-20120225-1126.jpg

IMG00717-20120225-1127.jpg

Strydpoort28.jpg

Michiel and Jaco contemplating how they will get me out of the way so they can give it a try!
Strydpoort29.jpg

Strydpoort27.jpg

Stands don't work in this kind of terrain anymore. A rock under the crash bar will have to do.
Strydpoort26.jpg

Strydpoort25.jpg

It did not take long for Gladde Klippe to take the next victim.....
Strydpoort24.jpg

Strydpoort31.jpg

Andre flying...
Strydpoort3.jpg

Strydpoort23.jpg

:thumleft:...well done.........I like the Andre & Jaco's Attgatt... seems well ventilated  :mwink:

Mod, verander asb Michiel se naam na "Mal Michiel". Dustdevil het reeds die regte naam.

Lekker video! Says it all. Moet asb nie my naam op daai beenbrekerbash se lysie sit nie, dankie - ek sal maar net die videos kyk.

jirre michiel, maar vir 'n maer mannetjie vat jy nie stront nie! Jammer om te hoor van jou tjomma - die goed is maar altyd vreeslik treurig.