WC Bash - Ride Report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rynet,Pure Orange
wcbash122.jpg

Tau,Fender
wcbash123.jpg

Help my sterk lyk Safari Harry
wcbash124.jpg

Sunday on the way home.
wcbash127.jpg

Dankie aan almal vir die lekker K@K praat,lag,sweet,bike steel,burnouts,kopseer,seer voet naweek!!!!

PP ,
A bit of the subject -- where did you get this screen for the ktm adv, how do u find it for touring & what did it cost?

thnx.

stoetbul said:
Tau,Fender
wcbash123.jpg

Hoe lyk ek dronk en hy nugter en ek drink Coke Zero??????Waar is Whitefish se slang!!!!!!!!

Thx Stoetie vir die kiekies dis darem lekker gewees.

As mens vat 120 testosteroon manne en 6 dames op een kamplek met bikes, dop en alles en nie een onderonsie of kraperigheid nie. Dis wat ek van die Wilddog hou niemand gaan na die outrides om DT te trek of te meet nie.

Dankie aan almal wat dit so lekker maak om net te ontspan en te lag. Ek het Sondag oggend 3 uur gaan slaap nugter, want ek was so bang ek mis een van die Noordkaap en namaqualanders se grappe.

Na 2 weke van hectic werk en stress was die naweek die beste terapie vir die siel die sundowners was vir my moer spesial om op daai koppie te sit in die (semi)-stilte en net die area so te bekyk.

PistonPete you are the man. Nie te kak vir 'n ou engelsman nie. Thx again.

Tabasco said:
PP ,
A bit of the subject -- where did you get this screen for the ktm adv, how do u find it for touring & what did it cost?

thnx.
I had it made up in CT. Its not polcarbonate...only perspex so it might not be as strong. It's difficult to judge the performance of it right now as i trailered the bike up & only installed the screen the day before. From what i can feel on the outride its good but a true test will be on a highway to check the dynamics. Its ever so slightly wider as you go up & about an inch higher with that lip. My design...i still want to do another with the screen kicking forward a bit just above the headlight.
I have not looked at a retail price yet because its still under development.

Attachments

• 5567858060_8f3f0e3520_b.jpg
    5567858060_8f3f0e3520_b.jpg
    297.1 KB
  • mini-IMG_5775.jpg
    mini-IMG_5775.jpg
    65.2 KB
net 'n spesial woord aan Stoetbul: BAIE geluk met jou eerste bash sonder 'n treiler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tau: dankie vir die vleis se braai Saterdagaand boeta!!

Snafu said:
net 'n spesial woord aan Stoetbul: BAIE geluk met jou eerste bash sonder 'n treiler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:
Skerp!

Jammer Stoetie! :peepwall:

Pistonpete said:
Snafu said:

Skerp!

Jip! Die geheim is uit hoekom my bikes sulke lekker lae kilo's ophet. :3some: O0
Foooooooorken GRAP GATTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ricky: :biggrin:

Pistonpete said:
Tabasco said:
PP ,

thnx.
I had it made up in CT. Its not polcarbonate...only perspex so it might not be as strong. It's difficult to judge the performance of it right now as i trailered the bike up & only installed the screen the day before. From what i can feel on the outride its good but a true test will be on a highway to check the dynamics. Its ever so slightly wider as you go up & about an inch higher with that lip. My design...i still want to do another with the screen kicking forward a bit just above the headlight.
Ok dankie, ek was onder die indruk dat dit een van hulle
https://www.rally-raidproducts.co.uk/blog/2010/12/ktm-950990-adventure-rallye-screen/
s'n is. Ek  hou van die lippie idee - dink dit kan dalk werk op die langpad. Laat weet maar hoe dit gaan met jou probeer slag.

Tabasco said:
Pistonpete said:
Tabasco said:
PP ,

thnx.
https://www.rally-raidproducts.co.uk/blog/2010/12/ktm-950990-adventure-rallye-screen/
s'n is. Ek  hou van die lippie idee - dink dit kan dalk werk op die langpad. Laat weet maar hoe dit gaan met jou probeer slag.

Freak het nogal 'n nice set-up op sy KTM

DSC00102.jpg

Heimer said:
Tabasco said:
Pistonpete said:
Tabasco said:
PP ,

thnx.

Freak het nogal 'n nice set-up op sy KTM
Ha ha ha ...  "dust in the wind"

stoetbul said:
Pistonpete said:
Snafu said:

Skerp!

Jip! Die geheim is uit hoekom my bikes sulke lekker lae kilo's ophet. :3some: O0
Foooooooorken GRAP GATTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ricky: :biggrin:

...en hoekom jou treiler uitmekaar val van hoë kilos :p

Heimer jou k@k...

Ek gaan nou in die argiewe krap vir ammo...

Ps... My bike het moers geping.... Toe vee ek my hooflig skoon toe is dit stil... Weird???

Pistonpete said:
haha...the cabbage patch outside camp gave me a hard time getting out but then Mapsource bailed twice in front of me upsetting my karma.... >:D
By the time we got back i klapped it over the same patch & felt like a sand riding god! O0
Jammer PP. Realy didn't want to upset your karma, but sometimes we need the lows. Makes us apreciate the highs even more.

Mapsource said:
Pistonpete said:
haha...the cabbage patch outside camp gave me a hard time getting out but then Mapsource bailed twice in front of me upsetting my karma.... >:D
By the time we got back i klapped it over the same patch & felt like a sand riding god! O0
Jammer PP. Realy didn't want to upset your karma, but sometimes we need the lows. Makes us apreciate the highs even more.
haha...no not at all ! I kakked myself when i saw the sand & was a huge relief to paddle. Just a pity Sot nailed me in a pic! :imaposer:

Freak said:
Heimer jou k@k...

Ek gaan nou in die argiewe krap vir ammo...

Ps... My bike het moers geping.... Toe vee ek my hooflig skoon toe is dit stil... Weird???

:laughing4: :laughing4: :imaposer: :imaposer: Gotta love that one. ;D

Judging by all the Gr8 photos,.. of all the "Fun" that was had @ this Bash,... I know that I missed out, on far too much. :drif: :drif:
Glad you all had a really wonderfull time. :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

What can I say. Another lekker BASH, organised by a super team.  :thumleft:

My ride started from PE, on Thursday morn, at sparrows poep, with the 1150 “Donkeysaurus” I travelled down to Mosselbay then on to Somerset West, where I slept over. Early Friday I pulled into Donford BMW and acquired a real lekker riding pants before meeting up with Stoetbull at his pad in Paarl. We then chucked to meet the other guys outside Wellington, arriving on time with  No-one in sight. So we went down the road, and brushed our teeth at a local water hole, where KLR joined us. Teeth freshly polished, we went back to the main road outside Wellington and joined JACKO, Hiemer, and a crowd of other, dirt starved honne.
DSCF3075800x600.jpg

These dawgs decided to route via Oppieberg, and braai other side Katbakkies Pass.  Here we were treated to a PRELUDE of JACKO’s full bash suite. (Half suite - style)
DSCF3084800x600.jpg
Keep this pic for posterity
Arriving at the site late afternoon, the manne were “goed warm” in this lekker BEDAWIN tent.
DSCF3089800x600.jpg

MENSE , this bash site is far from no-where, and nog n bietjie verder. Primative is un understatement. But the hosts Henk & Faan really bend over backward for us. Clearly this site is not geared for the 150 souls that tormented the normal tranquility of this place. I suppose normally 40 would be a push. Now you must know.
DSCF3090800x600.jpg

DSCF3093800x600.jpg

Saturday, saw us start with the outride. That F@&k*$g  Leftless lies through his teeth. “just a little sandy exercise he says. Jirre,owens, NEVER believe these organisers again. The very first patch of sand, n klipgooi from the site, was most demoralizing. 20m from the end I decided, that’s it, and went into the veld, cross-coutry style back to the site where AntonW convinced me that this was the worsed, and that the route is very spectacular. So me goes and challenges the sand monster again. We make it through this shit and eventually us back-marker stragglers get on our way. We stopped for a rest at this remnant of years gone by, at Oudebaaskraal. 
DSCF3097800x600.jpg

Then came more of the SAND MONSTER. Now this was real deep stuff. Here is fact that it was serious K*K stuff. This actions was Not done intentionally at all.
DSCF3098800x600.jpg

Action shot with this couple “seconds from disaster”
DSCF3099800x600.jpg

Here is a pic of what the rear tyre does in these circumstances. It neatly digs a trench, going down & down, whilst closing the trench up immediately behind the tyre.
DSCF3103800x600.jpg

Here is Robin Brown. Growing old disgracefully in the dirt. Mooi man. Thanks for helping me out of this thick sand too.
DSCF3102800x600.jpg

Here is a dirt chick, taking a stroll, while hubby challenges the SAND MONSTER.
DSCF3104800x600.jpg

Here is the typical “klipveld”
DSCF3106800x600.jpg

DSCF3107800x600.jpg

Mense, you don’t want to be out here, and have hassles with a bike, or even yourself, for that matter. DESOLATE, is an understatement.
90% up the Ouberg Pass, was this view site.
DSCF3108800x600.jpg

Yours Truly.
DSCF3111800x600.jpg
Top of Ouberg Pass
DSCF3113800x600.jpg

Other straggers cresting Ouberg Pass
DSCF3117800x600.jpg

DSCF3118800x600.jpg

DSCF3119800x600.jpg

Our Fearless chaperone. AntonW ( 9.5 Months)
DSCF3125800x600.jpg

From here, it was a lekker ride down to Middlepos, Gas-Up , cool of in the pub and push on back to the site. This is the Gannaga Pass, inside the Tankwa Nat Reserve.
DSCF3126800x600-1.jpg

247km outride. The last 40km or so, inside the Tankwa National  Reserve was done on tracks with average 50mm sand on the hard surface.
After an outride like this, you have are definitely more experienced in the sand for a while. (short while)
Sunday saw us leave at Sparrows for PE again, arriving home at 17h30 or so.

Thanks guys, that was great. Those mountain passes were well worth the battle with the Sand Monster.
Will I ever go back there. NO WAY . Been there, done it, got NO bash tee-shirt.
Next year another venue guys. Kambati is looking good.  :thumleft:

Abel & myself headed out of the camp before the rest, hoping to find a good spot to take pics from.
Leftless had described the route to us the previous evening and it was still fresh in Abel's mind.
My mind could not be described as fresh.

So we turn left at the first banner, just after the gate, and tonk along till we find a good spot.

026B.jpg

And we wait.
And wait.
Nothing. Don't even hear a bike.

So we decide to carry on. We get to an intersection....mmm.......no banner.

034B.jpg

We see faint bike tracks heading left. Not what we expected, but we head that way. At the foot of Ganaga pass, just as I decide to turn around, I see a shiny object in the road. No chance to stop so I keep slightly left of what I have now identified as a snake.
It's a Cobra and he strikes at me but all he gets is a gobfull of Sidi Crossfire.

awesome!Now we must organise one in the awesome Mpumalanga!!!!

Latest posts