WC Bash - Ride Report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We turn around and head along the gravel road in the general direction of Ceres. By now I'm very the moer in with myself for leaving my GPS at home. Being a group ride I didn't see the need for it. Anyway, we encounter the backmarkers just where they turn right towards Ouberg pass.

Pumbaa & Buff + pillions

041B.jpg

Lurker & missus Lurker

053B.jpg

Abel up Ouberg Pass

058B.jpg

Tweetie

063B.jpg

AntonW

065B.jpg

070B.jpg

Robin Brown

076B.jpg

Nice one , missed out , but then anyone who wasnt there probably did  :p

We had done an extra 90km due to the first flag not being meant to be the first flag  ??? and were hanging around with the tail-enders but luckily there were still some boerie-rolls left in Middelpos.
It was a busy day in the main street with a dog show and lots of bike traffic.

104B.jpg

105B.jpg

The backup trailer's leaf springs had come adrift from their sliders due to all the bouncing. We wanted to load Taboo's GS 650 on it, she had hurt her shoulder when she came off on some shale.

So some roadside repairs were done in the main street:

107B.jpg

Shade:

109B.jpg

Cold beer:

110B.jpg

Some distance beyond Ganaga Pass (near where I had the Cobra encounter) we came across a forlorn GSA 1150 on it's centrestand. Nobody in sight. Couple of indicators and tail light lens missing but no other reason why it would be standing there.
We weren't sure it was that of a WD until ChrisL and his buddies arrived and could identify it.
We decided to load it on the trailer and that is when it was realized that the rear suspension was stuffed.

130B.jpg

The offending gulley / donga / sloot:

132B.jpg

133B.jpg

134B.jpg

I think that's a XT250, and I think it was a local. I might be wrong though.

Rynet said:
Just spoke to Charlie's wife in the hospital in Worcester. He is in ICU. Broken femur, but his bone marrow went into his bloodstream and now forming a blockkage in the lungs. They are trying to stabilize his breathing. Will keep you updates, but let us be positive.

This was what I was afraid of ,hope he does well, please keep me informed as to his recovery.Glad that shot I gave him took away some of his discomfort

Unlike the shot Stoetie got on Friday   :peepwall:
[/quote]

why did Stoetie get shot for ? Alcohol poisoning ?  ;)

[/quote]Further info on Charlie660:
Unfortunately I haven't been around town much this week and could only vissit on Wednesday evening. I could not speak to Charlie, but saw him quickly and talked to his wife. As most of you know, he was taken off the respirator two days ago (I think).  The nurse didn't want to say much, but his wife says he is doing good. They are cutting back on the morphine which is a good sign. She has a place to stay, so that is sorted, but looks tired which we can understand. If you know her, please phone and show support. And remember it's not to late to pray.

Stoetie got a shot of Bradley's magic potion because he used his foot to protect his bike from getting Fooooked when he landed up in a ditch on Friday morning comming down Katbakkies Pass.......... :3some:
X-Rays on Monday showed nothing broken but a few spliters of bone chiped of if you can call it that?
:thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

en daar kom I is Stoetie in die agtergrond ook aan, toe sy voet nog beter was.....

Attachments

• P1090428 [800x600].jpg
    P1090428 [800x600].jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 595
Pote said:
en daar kom I is Stoetie in die agtergrond ook aan, toe sy voet nog beter was.....
As die pad oop is, is hy oop pappie.
Come guys and girls where are the rest of the pic's? I am sure I saw at least 100 cameras there?????????????????? :peepwall:

stoetbul said:
Pote said:
As die pad oop is, is hy oop pappie.
Come guys and girls where are the rest of the pic's? I am sure I saw at least 100 cameras there?????????????????? :peepwall:
'n regte wille hond.....as hy afklim moet hy sy been lig  :imaposer:

Attachments

• P1090453 [800x600].jpg
    P1090453 [800x600].jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 580
:laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4:
Ek het gesien jy het daar gepis toe merk ek maar net die land.................. :3some: :3some:

So who is familiar with the old postal route via Cobussegat and the Tra-Tra river to Biedouw Valley?

Abel and myself did it once before from the other side about 8 years ago.
Sunday morning we were brave enough to have a go at it. I was at a distinct disadvantage due to Saturday evening's festivities but vowed to not ruin a good trip due to my own stupidity.

The sun was already relentless when we left Stonehenge. Soon we were on the road to Cobus's farm, where we announced ourselves and received the go-ahead. He asked very nicely that we leave every gate like we found it.
About the route he said "Die pad is 'n bietjie sleg hier en daar".

No shit, Sherlock.

142B.jpg

145B.jpg

Abel had ridden and duck-walked across but I chose to walk my bike across.

149B.jpg

From there it was to be sand and various sized rocks for the next 4 hours.
It was tiring and challenging yet very rewarding.

Some parts looked like this:

151B.jpg

Often though, it was a lot worse. In a dry riverbed I hit some boulders amongst the sand and fell over to the right; luckily I landed exactly between two large rocks. If you hurt yourself there (or break down) you have a BEEG problem.

Here is one of the scarce open stretches:

152B.jpg

Fantastic Sprocketbek - this qualifies for a trip report of its own. More pics if you have...  :thumleft: