Never a dull moment in Kzn- 2 fractures and a black mamba..............UPDATED

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welsh said:
In to get it set?

Yup, but out now and back at work. Just a little op under general anesthetic and an overnighter, but without the tent, sleeping bag and good WildDog company. He stuck in a few pins to hold the pieces of bone together, but they are temporary and I have to go back in a few weeks to have them removed.

Nothing serious - just no riding for a while, and the nuisance of only having only one thumb.

Any news on how Grant is getting along?

Spore said:
Great ride & nice pics!! Sorry about the pains - wish you speedy recovery! :thumleft:

Thanks Spore...... :thumleft:

Carrots said:
:thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:.....en awesome pics!!!

Eeeish Gunda....hoop jy word gou beter!!

Thanks Carrots.

DRAZIL said:
Great photos and ride. :thumleft:hope all you broken dogs heal quick.
Anybody done any angling in the Inanda river?

Thanks Drazil................. I fished in the river last Sunday about a Km below the dam wall. Flippen awesome scenery but we did not catch. I had a couple of small bites from some baby bass but otherwise dead. My mate has caught bass and yellows in the river. Give me a shout when you are down again. :thumleft:

shesha said:
Hey Badger ... nice ride ...

But you will need to start making t-shirts like Jules if you carry on like this ...

"I went on Badger's ride and broke a ..."

Aaaaaahhh Shesha ....... It was an advanced ride. ??? :-[ :'(

goingnowherequickly said:
Nice report Badger
Sorry to hear about your off Gunda & Grant
Get well soon guys

Tommy Transalp said:
Nice RR! Next time I'm down there, would like to join (if I may).
Hey Peter... you must take your finger out of your nose when going down gravel roads  :pot: No seriously, I wish you a speedy recovery mate! That goes too for the others, whom I've not met. Heal soon guys! :thumleft:

:thumleft: It will be good if you can join us sometime TT  :thumleft: Just shout when you are down.

Outthere said:
Thanks for report and pics really makes me miss my bike sorry we could not make it.
Need to get a real job.
Keep it up and by that i mean that front wheel .
See you all soon I hope.
Peter and Grant if you dont fall you not trying hard enough.
Cheers

We miss you Outhere Outhere..................

TerrorSA said:
Awesome group ride, use to stay in Hillcrest  ;D

Thanks TSA....It is a bit hectic with so many people but at least everyone can have some fun. :thumleft:

Hope you feel better soon Peter.

GundaGunda said:
posting from phone. Hospital coffee is kak.  :mad: 

Peter, I thought you always carried your own coffee ??
Get well soon mate and let us know if you need anything.

A couple from the helmet cam . . . . 

20110516Ryder_00.jpg

20110516Ryder_01.jpg

20110516Ryder_02.jpg

20110516Ryder_03.jpg

20110516Ryder_04.jpg

20110516Ryder_05.jpg

20110516Ryder_06.jpg

20110516Ryder_07.jpg

I got tired of people asking me, "Geez, what happened to you?"
Not very artistic or accurate but they get the idea.

20110516Ryder_08.jpg

Dirty Boy said:
Peter, I thought you always carried your own coffee ??
Get well soon mate and let us know if you need anything.

Coffee? - I do, and I should have, but I thought I could hang in there for one night - I was wrong  :(

Thanks, but I am sorted - Can change the gears of the cage fine, but I can't ride the bike for a while  :mad:

I have to bend the brake lever straight, and straighten out the front forks and BarkBusters, but that will have to wait until the cast comes off.

The most pain is walking past my bike and seeing it unrepaired and unrideable. Ouch! but that hurts.

Has anyone heard news of "Other Grant" ?

Thanks for the additional pics, GG.

No idea about Grant....think Badger has contact with him....and we we together this morning and he never mentioned anything.

[/quote]

Was thinking the same - Does Jules have competition  :eek:

Lekker ride report - Being attacked by a snake is rather scary specially a Mamba they tend to rear up and strike at body height - glad it missed you!!

GG and Grant hope you all good - GG you going to need some Physo after 6 weeks - Stongs  :(

Hey thanks Peter............lekker pics.

LeonDude said:
Lekker RR.
Hop you heal well GG. Now we just need an update on Grant.

Howzit everyone. I have just come from visiting Grant, He had an op on Monday on his left leg. Broke his tibia in two places just above his ankle and his fibia just below the knee.
He is hoping to be discharged tomorrow and is in good spirits and thanks everyone for all the well wishes.

Heal fast Peter and Grant.

Cave Girl said:

Was thinking the same - Does Jules have competition  :eek:

Lekker ride report - Being attacked by a snake is rather scary specially a Mamba they tend to rear up and strike at body height - glad it missed you!!

Thanks Cavegirl, yes it was flippen fast. We were doing at least 40kmh and it was fast enough to strike before we had gone past.

No competition for jules..................Just unlucky. :'( :-[

GG and Grant hope you all good - GG you going to need some Physo after 6 weeks - Stongs  :(
[/quote]

I will let all know if Grant is discharged today.

The Badger said:
I will let all know if Grant is discharged today.

Good news.......Grant is being discharged today. Heal fast Grant. :thumleft:

GG, was your helmet cam rolling when you came off ?
Lets see the action shots  :biggrin:

Dirty Boy said:
GG, was your helmet cam rolling when you came off ?
Lets see the action shots   :biggrin:

Nope - Whew !

I had it set on a pic every three secs, but it was off at the time as the road was a little boring.

I didn't know it would become more exciting soon.  ::)

But my GPS faithfully recorded the spot - S29 35.747 E30 42.364  ;D

Badger, I cant make Dallies trip the end of the month but your backyard looks like fun...just say when.......

chicco said:
Badger, I cant make Dallies trip the end of the month but your backyard looks like fun...just say when.......

That would be great chicco. I am going to Cloccalaan two weekends time. Not sure about this weekend but will lt you know. :thumleft:

I am planning a  kickass/badass ride soon to try and ride our bikes like they are suposed to be ridden. Small group so we can cover some distance.  The last one was 560km of dirt.

ianb said:
Hey Badger nice RR and photos . I thinks you stay at home next time ,tooo many offs . I know

Thanks ianb.................  Every sport has 'school fees' unfortunatley.

See you next ride............. Most of my rides are done with pillions as well. :mwink: :thumleft:

Ianb I can see why you had a off with these okes they make it interesting I can not imagine doing it with a pylon