Never a dull moment in Kzn- 2 fractures and a black mamba..............UPDATED

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You breezed through it Wilddoc............... :thumleft:

There is an old FMF rule. It is called the 5% rule: If you want to learn then ride with people 5% better than you. If you want to have fun then ride with people 5% slower than you. :mwink: :mwink:

The odds with 19 bikes on a ride are against us................ :(

At least we are getting more Bmw's into the bush.

madmike999 said:
must say this time of year my biggest fear is snakes. Hate the things but seem to attract them when on the bike. Got attract by a mos. spitting cobra 3 years ago, drive past a killed rinkhals two weeks ago, and over easter we took the RS to parys, rode over another mos. spitting cobra just before the N4 offramp heading to Krugersdorp. will MX Boots stop puffadder fangs ? i will rather not think about it.

Thick boots may stop a Puff Adder, but they do not strike upwards so if you are on a bike you will usually be safe, unless the track is below ground level, in which case you should ride standing on the seat.
Mambas and Cobras lift themselves up and so can strike higher. Make sure that your friends can do CPR.

wilddoc said:
Looking forward to the next ride. Got my self full boots just in case

And don't forget the duct tape doc  ;D

Ps - Umhlanga Hosp casualty was impressed with the duct tape strapping, and how it got me home  :thumleft:

(Thanks to Ian the Tooth Doc for this pic )

Attachments

• 201100515Badger1000k 022.jpg
    201100515Badger1000k 022.jpg
    68.1 KB
Looking forward to it Ian and Doc.

Good one on the boots Doc. :thumleft:

if you want to ride with the big dogs , then dont piss with the puppies

I'm planning a good one for next weekend Lamo.

GundaGunda said:
The Badger said:
I'm planning a good one for next weekend Lamo.

Will it be one-hand friendly ?

::)

Hahahahaa sorry Peter. I hope your thumb is healing fast.

wilddoc said:
Do you need medical backup again?

Of course Doc, thanks will let you know. Hopefully wont need it but the company will be lekker. :thumleft: :thumleft:

wilddoc said:
Do you need medical backup again?

Y'know what was doff ?

With all the "fun of the fall" I forgot that I had a good first aid kit in my top-box.

I have used it quite a few times when mates have had cuts and bruises, but when I had an off myself I totally forgot about it. It has three types of self-adhesive binding tape, an a few crepe bandages that we could have used had I remembered.

Soos my ouma altyd gese het, "Arm is niks, maar dom!"

Pins looking good.
Sawbones says my left thumb will always be about 3mm shorter than the right one.
That's okay - I'm not gonna play Tchaikowsky 1  ;D

Pins come out 23rd June, and the cast comes off, but he says to stay off the bike for a few weeks after that  :(

Attachments

• leftHand_3.jpg
    leftHand_3.jpg
    36.1 KB
GundaGunda said:
Pins looking good.
Sawbones says my left thumb will always be about 3mm shorter than the right one.
That's okay - I'm not gonna play Tchaikowsky I  ;D

Pins come out 23rd June, and the cast comes off, but he says to stay off the bike for a few weeks after that  :(
so when asked to show the thumb to girls...choose the longer one....it makes a better impression..... :imaposer:

laurika said:
so when asked to show the thumb to girls...choose the longer one....it makes a better impression..... :imaposer:

Thanks - I'll remember that  ;D

Or I'll try this line ,"Hey honey. Wanna see where the missing 3mm went?"

Naah - It's not gonna work  :(

[quote author=GundaGunda l

Or I'll try this line ,"Hey honey. Wanna see where the missing 3mm went?"

Naah - It's not gonna work  :(
[/quote]

Hahahahaha lets hope its not the 'missing link'  :mwink:

looking forward to seeing you back on the bike soon Peter. :thumleft:

The Badger said:
chicco said:
Badger, I cant make Dallies trip the end of the month but your backyard looks like fun...just say when.......

That would be great chicco. I am going to Cloccalaan two weekends time. Not sure about this weekend but will lt you know. :thumleft:

I am planning a  kickass/badass ride soon to try and ride our bikes like they are suposed to be ridden. Small group so we can cover some distance.  The last one was 560km of dirt.

ianb said:
Hey Badger nice RR and photos . I thinks you stay at home next time ,tooo many offs . I know

Thanks ianb.................  Every sport has 'school fees' unfortunatley.

See you next ride............. Most of my rides are done with pillions as well. :mwink: :thumleft:

laurika said:
GundaGunda said:
Pins looking good.
That's okay - I'm not gonna play Tchaikowsky I  ;D

laurika when you coming to join us for a ride

Okay, one step forward.

Had another little kip on the well-lit table with green aliens around it.

They look like they come from a different planet,  but certainly they come from different continents - Sawbones' first name is Sunil, the Sleepmaker Doc's name is something like Tsien-Heh, and the theater nurse has an accent that sounds like her first name is something like Olga or Ivana.

Good news is the cast is off, and the pins are out.

Bad news is it's going take a while before the hand is usable. The physio lady ( I call her my handmaiden) has given me baby-steps exercises to get mobility back.

Exercise one involves two beer mugs, the one has a thick pen, a thinner pen, and a pencil in it. I have to pick out the thick pen and move it between the mugs with thumb and index finger ten times, and then repeat for the thinner pen and then pencil.

Man, I feel like a spastic.

Then I repeat with thumb and 2nd finger. At the moment my limit is finger 2 and the middle pen, but the objective is pencil with thumb and pinkie.

I also supplement the exercises by showing the taxi drivers what I think of them when they hoot 'cos I miss a gear in the cage, but that's my own initiative. 

I sat on the bike but the thumb is too weak to press the hooter or move the indicator button at this stage.

Gonna be a while, but we'll get there.

Attachments

• pins_out.jpg
    pins_out.jpg
    74.5 KB