Road To Hell

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What would you rate the difficulty of this trip as? I have a pillion.

Also have you got a route map?

Hi Pitata

The gravel road up Swartberg Pass is a public road, and can be done with a car. It has some sharp turns and loose stones, so take it slow. The road down to the "Hell" is also no problem unless you speed.  There are steep down hills and steep turns. I think that some spots will be slippery when wet. Some spots also have loose stones. This however, is not even a 4X4 route and can be done with a normal bakkie. It is definitely pillion friendly and surely not difficult. Just give yourself a lot of time to spend on the viewing and taking of photo's. It is worth it.

This sounds like a good trip maybe for 2 weeks time. I'm a newbie on a DS bike so this sounds like a nice 'break-in' for me.

Looks like an awesome ride!!! 

Also on my To-Do-One-Day list.  Did Baviaanskloof and Prince Alfred Pass a few years agao and it was stunning...

It's just so far to get there and back...  :mad: . I need a bigger budget and holiday longer than 4 days to do this!!! 

And of course some good company  :laughing4: !

Ja bru one of these days I will make one of these trips
Looks like it was a lot of fun