Slightly technical ride - sand, mud and rocks galore

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JacquesM said:
"Jacques M following closely behind---well not quite"

Hey Blazes, Jy moenie spot nie ,swaer.

I lack in all the "Cee'Z":

Courage

Capability

Cee-Cee'Z
Hi JacquesM ;)

Do NOT forget the main " C " CRAZY :eek:

No cracking username for me because I won't remember it otherwise.

That ride was a kickass ride and to those of you who thought a TA650 couldn't get up that kind of stuff, well evidently it can. I wouldn't have believed it yesterday morning either. The trick is to close your eyes most the time, it's less scary that way  ;)

I think the group was great, very patient considering only about five minutes into the ride, three of us got a little lost in a veld and the rest had to wait for us.... sorry guys and thanks for waiting!

Checked the bike for damage and other than a small crack in that pretty useless plastic bash plate, no damage. Upgrades coming soon: new tyres (Maxxis T6006), progressive springs and a real bash plate.

Thanks for the cool pics!

Cheers Barry, Transalp 650 with bald tyres  :-\

Ok, this is just damn depressing hearing about such a great ride which I could not attend...... :( :mad:

My Sunday morning spent improving my mountain bike skills all of a sudden sounds really lame and wasted  :mad:

Hats off to blauth! Every time I thought of blaming my tyres when going up the hill I just thought of him and his slicks.

Nomad said:
Hats off to blauth! Every time I thought of blaming my tyres when going up the hill I just thought of him and his slicks.
Actually---Thye theory goes like this. Slick Tires have a larger footprint ??? Thus they Do have better grip :peepwall:

Just for perspective..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht3DMDx1spo

blazes said:
We need to make a morning of it------When are you ladies up to it ?

Well you know us gals aint scared  ;) - I know Adventurer is planning an official sand training day later in the year - but hey, you can never have enough training hey - so we can always make an unofficial one too - just you say when :ricky:

Misty said:
blazes said:

Well you know us gals aint scared  ;) - I know Adventurer is planning an official sand training day later in the year - but hey, you can never have enough training hey - so we can always make an unofficial one too - just you say when :ricky:
Will do---as long as eSKApe is sweeper ;)

hehe I'm sure eSKaPe wont give up the change of being sweeper again - he liked looking at our butts - oops I mean after us gals last time! :biggrin:

Misty said:
hehe I'm sure eSKaPe wont give up the change of being sweeper again - he liked looking at our butts - oops I mean after us gals last time! :biggrin:

Hey yes you need me to look again, er look after you, just say when!

eSKaPe said:

ah ha - I knew it!  :biggrin: Well ok I cant blame you though...  >:D  ;)

eSKaPe said:
Misty said:

Have not heard from you for a while ??? BUTT Misty has a way of raising the dead. :peepwall:

Malibu said:
And Malibu gets to ride at the back... then when I splat, I don't have a legion laughing at me..  8)
I will make You wear my new Head Cam :mwink: Then we will all have the evidence should you take a walk-about :mwink:

Yup, I guess that would supply all the evidence you may need...

Drat!  :biggrin:

I think the girls are on Level 1 training in the next 3 weeks, then, they need to get those skills under their belts with some gentle stuff....  :thumleft:

And in the interim, I'm be practicing my azz off...  :p

blazes said:
Have not heard from you for a while ??? BUTT Misty has a way of raising the dead. :peepwall:

Poor man working his cute :biggrin: butt off shame - but ja, I have my ways and means...  :mwink:

Misty said:
blazes said:

Poor man working his cute :biggrin: butt off shame - but ja, I have my ways and means...  :mwink:

Been busy BUTT you right Misty has a way, and that head cam will be just the thing so you can share the butts, er I mean the view

Sjoe ... Awesome ride guys !

Slightly technical ... ha ha ... ja right !!!

Well done Barry - the TA is a very capable bike with the right rider on it  :thumleft:

blazes said:
Misty said:
blazes said:
Hi Misty ;) Found some nice SAND roads after the ride----great for Training---

hehe - just as long as we call it Training Sand and not Technical Sand I should be ok  :thumleft:
I can make next Saturday  :)

Latest posts