Stoetie ry so draaitjie Oasis toe.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bring It On said:
Rynet said:
I was too busy playing nurse on Saturday night so took only one or two fotos  . I dislike taking fotos of people when they are injured badly so didn't take any fotos of Shaun or the ambulance etc , but I took a discreet one of him from behind, and of his injured bike .

He came off and tumbled over the top of his KTM and landed in a ditch just 10 kilos from Oases. Eina the poor man was in a lot of pain.  He is ok , no bones broken but bruised/ tore muscles , soft tissue and ligaments , ouch.

As we were decending down the pass towards the Oasis,.... we got Gerrit on the way out, with that KTM on the trailer. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Never nice to see something like that. Once we got to the Oasis for the night, Chantell told us what had happened. Hope you heal soo Shaun. :thumleft:

Yes it was not nice to see how much pain he was in , and I wish I had taken a pic of his helmet , Eina !!! it's totally ruined . And without his neck brace he may have broken his neck , it really brought home to me that I should start wearing my neckbrace. And reinforced how important it is to stop more often.  He said afterwards it was pure rider fatigue. He fell shortly before their next planned stop . A combination of hunger , thirst , heat , riding fatigue and dust can make the best rider fall. It happens in an instant. Eish .

Ok so super superten and I had an lekker trip home. First off a stop at the rise , where I arrived to see a side stand of note. ST had simply forgotten to put his stand out and fell like a block of flats .  :spitcoffee:

Unfortunately I was a bit far , I should have zoomed in . :biggrin:

Attachments

• Cederberg Oases Long way around 583 (Copy).JPG
    Cederberg Oases Long way around 583 (Copy).JPG
    145.1 KB
  • Cederberg Oases Long way around 581 (Copy).JPG
    Cederberg Oases Long way around 581 (Copy).JPG
    163.4 KB
  • Cederberg Oases Long way around 596 (Copy).JPG
    Cederberg Oases Long way around 596 (Copy).JPG
    147.5 KB
  • Cederberg Oases Long way around 592 (Copy).JPG
    Cederberg Oases Long way around 592 (Copy).JPG
    141.6 KB
  • Cederberg Oases Long way around 589 (Copy).JPG
    Cederberg Oases Long way around 589 (Copy).JPG
    187.1 KB
  • Cederberg Oases Long way around 587 (Copy).JPG
    Cederberg Oases Long way around 587 (Copy).JPG
    167 KB
  • Cederberg Oases Long way around 586 (Copy).JPG
    Cederberg Oases Long way around 586 (Copy).JPG
    168.6 KB
  • Cederberg Oases Long way around 585 (Copy).JPG
    Cederberg Oases Long way around 585 (Copy).JPG
    178.6 KB
  • Cederberg Oases Long way around 584 (Copy).JPG
    Cederberg Oases Long way around 584 (Copy).JPG
    145.2 KB
Rynet said:
Bring It On said:
Rynet said:
I was too busy playing nurse on Saturday night so took only one or two fotos  . I dislike taking fotos of people when they are injured badly so didn't take any fotos of Shaun or the ambulance etc , but I took a discreet one of him from behind, and of his injured bike .

He came off and tumbled over the top of his KTM and landed in a ditch just 10 kilos from Oases. Eina the poor man was in a lot of pain.  He is ok , no bones broken but bruised/ tore muscles , soft tissue and ligaments , ouch.

As we were decending down the pass towards the Oasis,.... we got Gerrit on the way out, with that KTM on the trailer. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Never nice to see something like that. Once we got to the Oasis for the night, Chantell told us what had happened. Hope you heal soo Shaun. :thumleft:

Yes it was not nice to see how much pain he was in , and I wish I had taken a pic of his helmet , Eina !!! it's totally ruined . And without his neck brace he may have broken his neck , it really brought home to me that I should start wearing my neckbrace. And reinforced how important it is to stop more often.  He said afterwards it was pure rider fatigue. He fell shortly before their next planned stop . A combination of hunger , thirst , heat , riding fatigue and dust can make the best rider fall. It happens in an instant. Eish .

When we got to the Oasis, Mambat commented to the rest of us the marks that he noticed on the road (....which by then was already a day old), as well as the damage left in the vegetation just off the road,.... & then we were still wondering (but really hope that it wasn't....) if it was perhaps linked to the KTM we had just seen being trailerd by Gerrit out as we were coming in.

Only a little later did, as I mentioned earlier, did Chantell inform us of what had happened. Really not nice to see this kind of thing. :'(

Some more pitstops.  ;)

Saw some KTM riders but like gazelle, they just don't stand still long enough for me to get decent pics of them.  :imaposer:

Attachments

• Cederberg Oases Long way around 598 (Copy).JPG
    Cederberg Oases Long way around 598 (Copy).JPG
    148.4 KB
  • Cederberg Oases Long way around 600 (Copy).JPG
    Cederberg Oases Long way around 600 (Copy).JPG
    174.6 KB
  • Cederberg Oases Long way around 607 (Copy).JPG
    Cederberg Oases Long way around 607 (Copy).JPG
    149.5 KB
  • Cederberg Oases Long way around 608 (Copy).JPG
    Cederberg Oases Long way around 608 (Copy).JPG
    150.9 KB
  • Cederberg Oases Long way around 609 (Copy).JPG
    Cederberg Oases Long way around 609 (Copy).JPG
    164.7 KB
  • Cederberg Oases Long way around 610 (Copy).JPG
    Cederberg Oases Long way around 610 (Copy).JPG
    152 KB
  • Cederberg Oases Long way around 613 (Copy).JPG
    Cederberg Oases Long way around 613 (Copy).JPG
    144.6 KB
  • Cederberg Oases Long way around 614 (Copy).JPG
    Cederberg Oases Long way around 614 (Copy).JPG
    142.2 KB
Superten and I swopped bikes . I was amazed at how smooth the engine was on the Yamaha especially coming from a GS 1200 and a KLR. I just felt like going faster and faster , but fortunately kept myself in.  Superten said that to his surprise he enjoyed the KLR , it was not as slow as he had thought .  :biggrin:

Couldnt get a pic of him on the KLR though.  ;D

Another KTM came whizzing past .

Attachments

• Cederberg Oases Long way around 622 (Copy).JPG
    Cederberg Oases Long way around 622 (Copy).JPG
    118.7 KB
  • Cederberg Oases Long way around 619 (Copy).JPG
    Cederberg Oases Long way around 619 (Copy).JPG
    145.5 KB
  • Cederberg Oases Long way around 615 (Copy).JPG
    Cederberg Oases Long way around 615 (Copy).JPG
    155.6 KB
  • Cederberg Oases Long way around 620 (Copy).JPG
    Cederberg Oases Long way around 620 (Copy).JPG
    157.1 KB
Don't ever believe me if I tell you I know a short cut. I showed superten the entrance and then got us completely lost . I remembered the first kilometer of the road and that's it . He kept asking me if anything looked familiar. I cannot remember . I think we rode a lot longer than Bob and I did , but when Bob and I rode we came from the other sid,e and I was focusing on the road , not the scenery. Anyway ST and I got delightfully lost and saw some beautiful scenery . It was also lightly technical at times , which was nice. We stopped for some pics and eventually came out here.

Attachments

• Cederberg Oases Long way around 631 (Copy).JPG
    Cederberg Oases Long way around 631 (Copy).JPG
    184.2 KB
  • Cederberg Oases Long way around 635 (Copy).JPG
    Cederberg Oases Long way around 635 (Copy).JPG
    133.3 KB
  • Cederberg Oases Long way around 633 (Copy).JPG
    Cederberg Oases Long way around 633 (Copy).JPG
    114.4 KB
  • Cederberg Oases Long way around 632 (Copy).JPG
    Cederberg Oases Long way around 632 (Copy).JPG
    186 KB
  • Cederberg Oases Long way around 630 (Copy).JPG
    Cederberg Oases Long way around 630 (Copy).JPG
    150.8 KB
  • Cederberg Oases Long way around 628 (Copy).JPG
    Cederberg Oases Long way around 628 (Copy).JPG
    173.8 KB
  • Cederberg Oases Long way around 627 (Copy).JPG
    Cederberg Oases Long way around 627 (Copy).JPG
    151.8 KB
  • Cederberg Oases Long way around 626 (Copy).JPG
    Cederberg Oases Long way around 626 (Copy).JPG
    156.1 KB
  • Cederberg Oases Long way around 624 (Copy).JPG
    Cederberg Oases Long way around 624 (Copy).JPG
    184.9 KB
  • Cederberg Oases Long way around 623 (Copy).JPG
    Cederberg Oases Long way around 623 (Copy).JPG
    190.4 KB
Stopped on Gydo Pass , then for lunch in Ceres , then on to Bains Kloof where we saw a group of Israelis on bikes , the one Israeli apparently comes here every year with a group on a bike trip. They were on their way to the Garden Route on mostly GS 1200's . I shoulda taken pics of them , I like Isrealis.  :biggrin:

Ok fluit fluit my storie is uit.  :thumleft:

Attachments

• Cederberg Oases Long way around 641 (Copy).JPG
    Cederberg Oases Long way around 641 (Copy).JPG
    101 KB
  • Cederberg Oases Long way around 642 (Copy).JPG
    Cederberg Oases Long way around 642 (Copy).JPG
    124.7 KB
  • Cederberg Oases Long way around 644 (Copy).JPG
    Cederberg Oases Long way around 644 (Copy).JPG
    224.7 KB
  • Cederberg Oases Long way around 645 (Copy).JPG
    Cederberg Oases Long way around 645 (Copy).JPG
    140.5 KB
  • Cederberg Oases Long way around 647 (Copy).JPG
    Cederberg Oases Long way around 647 (Copy).JPG
    157.6 KB
Rynet said:
Don't ever believe me if I tell you I know a short cut. I showed superten the entrance and then got us completely lost . I remembered the first kilometer of the road and that's it . He kept asking me if anything looked familiar. I cannot remember . I think we rode a lot longer than Bob and I did , but when Bob and I rode we came from the other sid,e and I was focusing on the road , not the scenery. Anyway ST and I got delightfully lost and saw some beautiful scenery . It was also lightly technical at times , which was nice. We stopped for some pics and eventually came out here.

Rynet,... some of those photos that you took & the shortcut you are talking about might just be part of the route that we did. I'm busy getting all my photos together & sorted out from our tip that we did.... & will start posting it, hopefully tomorrow sometime.

Bring It On said:
Rynet said:

Rynet,... some of those photos that you took & the shortcut you are talking about might just be part of the route that we did. I'm busy getting all my photos together & sorted out from our tip that we did.... & will start posting it, hopefully tomorrow sometime.

Yes BIO I was wondering about your RR . Can't wait to see your pics.  :ricky:

Katel Kat said:
Rynet said:
I love taking sardines on a bike trip. Its lekker protein for brekkies and you can use the oil to lube your chain also . :biggrin:

He,he that's brilliant, Rynet. Would you say a chain can do about 300km's on the sardine oil with no other maintenance?

I spoke to Le Cap today , beccause I need to get a Master Link for my chain from him . He said the sardine oil would be fine for the chain for say 300 km to get one home, but then one would need to replace it by putting proper chain lube on.  :thumleft:

You know,that was the longest,most pleasant shortcut I have taken.Ever.

Fields and fields of onions,the smell of them was overwhelming,but wonderfully refreshing.

Swopping bikes with Rynet,thought processes went something like this:

Climb on KLR,start riding.
-Hmmm,this bike handles the bumps so well.
-Lets cross the middlemannetjie.
-Nope.Didnt feel it.
-Try again.
-Nope.Still didnt feel it.
-Ride on middlemannetjie in utter frustration.
-Still dont feel it.
-I wonder if Martin Paetzold can work his magic on my old bus...

Great trip,but maybe we can get lost again when its not thirty something degrees!

And as for the sidestand thing...Tried to take magnificent pic of bike with mountains,valley.clouds,grass.
But it wasnt perfect,so I moved my bike over two meters.As it was falling over,the thought"Sidestand???" definitely crept in there somewhere.

But the most glorious highlight of the trip was.....

The cheesecake.

Ceres Inn have a baked caramel cheesecake.After you have eaten it,there is very little left to live for.(Its really that good)

Rynet, lekker foto's. Mens erken nooit as jy verdwaal het nie. mens sien gewoonlik die mooiste scenery as jy die regte pad misry om by die regte plek te kom. En dis tyd dat jy n ordentlike GPS kry.

mooi fotos en storie rynet, wat slaap jy so baie