A Dirty Wild Dog Rides to God's Country to Visit Da Yoopers, Eh.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
big oil said:
Welsh said:
big oil said:
Wow  :drif: :drif:

And in Jo,burg you can ride pretty much 365 days a year.  :biggrin:

Must be nice.  I won't be riding for at least 4 months.  Maybe I should get the hell out of here now and go ride in Mexico.

Predictably, since I said that it is going to rain for the next 24 hours... :biggrin: ::)

The rain fell all night here with some gusty winds.

In a couple of weeks the rain will turn to snow.

Current temp here at 7 am is 3C.

Hey hey get to the point about why you had to change from bad to worse, i.e. from the KTM to Ducati  >:D  8)

Bikerboer1973 said:
Hey hey get to the point about why you had to change from bad to worse, i.e. from the KTM to Ducati  >:D  8)

:lol8:  Coming up soon.

I'll not ever understand why Ducati gets such a bad rap for reliability.

I've owned 4 in my life:  2005 ST3, 2006 Multistrada 1000S, 2007 Sport 1000S, and now my 2003 ST4s ABS. Neither has ever failed me or needed a repair of any kind.  Just oil, filters, lots of tires, belts, and valve inspections.  For me anyway, they've all been as reliable as an anvil.

big oil said:
Welsh said:
big oil said:

Must be nice.  I won't be riding for at least 4 months.  Maybe I should get the hell out of here now and go ride in Mexico.

or Florida  :peepwall:  :ricky:

Mr Zog said:
big oil said:
Welsh said:
big oil said:

or Florida  :peepwall:  :ricky:

It would be nice to meet you and Mrs. Zog.  For sure someday hopefully.

I have a friend I graduated with in Daytona Beach.  She's been living down there for quite a few years and loves it down there.

I have an old colleague somewhere near Ft. Myers I could try to find.

And an old manager on Marco Island.

That's about it for any Florida contacts.

When I arrived at home with the new KTM, I began checking visible bolts for tightness.  Just a light scan to make sure everything was okay.  Gave the chain a nice rub with some chain lotion.  Then, it was time to pack.  It was a Saturday.  I desperately needed to get out of town and clear my head after what had transpired the day before.

I have been considering whether or not to mention this, trying to remain positive, but it is something I went through, so I'll mention it.  My report anyway, right?  The day before I picked up my new KTM, my beloved Chocolate Labrador Retriever, Grizzly, died unexpectedly after a routine check up at the vet.  He hated going to the vet, loathed having his nails clipped and anyone touching him near his rear end outlet.  I brought him home from the vet, he was foaming at the mouth, I knew something was terribly wrong.  A few minutes later, he collapsed and died.  He was only 9 years old.  It was as if he just said phucket, I'd rather die than to go through that again. 

This is what helped me make the decision to buy the KTM.  I was severely depressed after he died.  Sometimes I face problems head-on, but sometimes I run from my problems as well.  I just wanted to disappear for awhile, clear my head, and find myself and the road ahead.

My familia back in 2008.  Wife Stephanie (ex-wife actually, but I allowed the Hammerhead Shark to come back home), Daisy Chocolate Puddins (Labrador/Weimaraner mix), Grizzly Bear (English Labrador Retriever puppy), and my then KTM 990 Adventure, before leaving on a long trip.

Daisy did not want me to leave her.  She wanted to come too.

Look at how cute that fat little cub bear was.

We wondered at the time whether or not he'd ever grow into his paws!

He could not have given 2 shits whether I was leaving or not.  All he wanted to do was eat, sleep, and poop, and then repeat.

"When is my next feeding, or poop, or nap mommy"?

Within a year, he grew into this.  Check out the package I've grown dad, I've gotta big red rocket and balls like you daddy!

What a gigantic noggin, we were wondering if his head was ever going to stop growing.

Dad, would you mind preparing my lunch while I relax and receive this belly scratch?

"How long do we have to pose for a treat dad?"

"Hey, a deer, lets chase it, Daisy".

"Okay, I'm sitting, now give me the bloody treat daddy."

May you be resting in doggy heaven, my Grizzly Bear, I love you and miss you terribly still, but I hope you are having the time of your life and humping all the female dogs you can find.  Daddy taught you well!

Ri said:
Very aptly named and handsome dog. I'm so sorry for your loss...

Thank you kindly, Miss Ri.

Writing the post about trading my HD for the KTM, brought back memories of losing my cub bear.  I don't care if they grow up, It takes no time to remember them as a baby.

I've been reminiscing of my babies the last day or two.  Adopting dogs and cats and have them live a life without a care in the world is what I love to do.  Animals are one of life's greatest gifts.

big oil said:
Ri said:
Very aptly named and handsome dog. I'm so sorry for your loss...

Thank you kindly, Miss Ri.

Writing the post about trading my HD for the KTM, brought back memories of losing my cub bear.  I don't care if they grow up, It takes no time to remember them as a baby.

I've been reminiscing of my babies the last day or two.  Adopting dogs and cats and have them live a life without a care in the world is what I love to do.  Animals are one of life's greatest gifts.

:laughing4: Read out loud, that sounds like the title of a certain bestselling horror.

Animals are wonderful. Lost my cats many years ago but the heartache still surfaces.

Okay, fellow Dogs, now that I've gotten the above off my chest, shall I carry on with a more positive outlook?

Or are all of you bored with the report thus far?

dirtyXT said:
add some more beautiful women that you met on your trips.

Most of the pics I posted earlier were borrowed from the web to give an idea on what one see's in the warm states.

In the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, single unattached beautiful woman are far and few between, unless I were to visit a university, for which I'm much too old for those kind of shenanigans.

shenanigans.

long word for sex you have in Michigan!! :lol8: ;)

Realy enjoing this report , please carry on.It is so nice to read of what other ADV bikers get up to and that take the time to post.Just got my workshop killer , One mean hound , Animals will always know you with no judging and that's what i love about them.Rock on budd

Attachments

• killer.jpg
    killer.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 308
ClimbingTurtle said:
Welsh said:
big oil said:

Except yesterday.
Yesterday was THAT ONE DAY....
50mm of rain yesterday - light rain solidly for 18 hours....
:eek7:

That's great news is it not?  Haven't you all been dealing with drought, or is the drought only in a portion of your beautiful country?