Another Great Overberg ride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys for all the nice things you say.  :thumleft:  I would just like to thank my trusty old friend NISMARK. He is the one that normally rides at the back and has to make sure everyone is ok and help if they need it. Without him loads of people would probably get lost or stuck.

Thanks tjom!!

NISMARK and I will arrange another Overberg ride after the CABC beginning next month.  :deal:

R-O-V-Rat said:
Thanks guys for all the nice things you say.  :thumleft:  I would just like to thank my trusty old friend NISMARK. He is the one that normally rides at the back and has to make sure everyone is ok and help if they need it. Without him loads of people would probably get lost or stuck.

Thanks tjom!!

NISMARK and I will arrange another Overberg ride after the CABC beginning next month.  :deal:

+ 1 Thanks Nismark!!

Waiting eagerly for the next ride, before I'd even gotten home I was thinking about coming back :)

awesome day, thx a mil. we should definitely do this more often! lekka tekkies bus. that bloody garage pie from dassies is still sittin in my gut!
booja!

Ja bliksim!!! I thought R25 a pie is pulling the piss a bit... But when I took the 1st bite, I knew it was worth every cent... I have never seen a pie with that much meat in it... :eek:

Highly recommended...

BTW, Riddick jou peester... Gaan stel jouself voor in die "new members section" voor iemand 'n diep-aar-trombose ontwikkel...  :biggrin:

BTW, Riddick jou peester... Gaan stel jouself voor in die "new members section" voor iemand 'n diep-aar-trombose ontwikkel... 

That is kak funny Bus  :imaposer:

R-O-V-Rat said:
lecap said:
Nice ride all together but the waiting for the "technical crew" was too long. Esp. at the second wait. I did not know how easy and fast it would have been to just carry on back to Dassiesfontein not being familiar with the area and stood and waited while the folks played with the coconuts ;D

Not sure if all others enjoy riding in these huge groups (?) and I think it has been discussed before but can't remembver the outcome. It's obviously a tad more to organise but I think it would be more enjoyable to split groups of that size. Less dust (my eyes are still sore, last nght felt like arc eyes :-\, less waiting.
Just my shit :D

I kinda agree with you there Lecap.

We did wait to long at the second tech section. But with out rides you must always realise that things can go wrong. Bikes break, flat wheels people may fall. When this happens you will have to wait/help. These are all things that is part of riding. The point I am making is when riding in groups you need to consider the other riders and be patient.

If you don't like the waiting then you should ride alone. The dust could be sorted if you just keep a reasonable distance between you and the rider in-front. Buy a nice Wilddog buff and pull that over your mouth and nose under the helmet it helps alot.  :thumleft:

I did try something new by splitting the group into two for the tech stuff. If all went perfect it should have worked well. But unfortunately at the second one people did get stuck and took 45 min longer then expected. For me it was nice as I got to chat with lots of nice like minded people and just enjoyed there company.

I think I will start a thread with a poll and see if we could get some consensus on what type of rides should be arranged to keep the majority happy. :thumleft:

Thanks for being honest Lecap.  :thumleft:

Just to give an idea of how I see a out ride in groups.

1: It is a time to ride together with good friends. Meet and make new friends.
2: You are safer riding in a group.
3: You get to see places you generally wouldn't go ride alone.
4: You don't gave to worry about planning anything it is all done. Just rock-up and ride.
5: If you are a newer rider you would most likely get a chance to push you skill level a little to better your abilities. There is always good advice to be found in group rides.

To me riding with others is great fun and the little dust and waiting is nothing.
ROV Rat, ek stem met jou saam oor jou siening van n “outride” Ek dink egter dat dit nie altyd vir die wat nie die tegniese gedeeltes gery het nie, nie so lekker was om te wag nie… (Ek was nie een van hulle nie) Wat my aanbetref is die ete of n dop saam, na, en voor die tyd die kennismaking en gesels tyd. As ek vir Legadema start wil ek ry !
Die punt wat ek wil maak, is dat tegniese gedeeltes van n outride nie n opleiding sessie is nie. Jy moet weet waar jou vermoë tot tegniese “off road riding” is. My vraag is dan of daar al n gradering van “bikers” gedoen is op die forum, en indien nie is dit nie dalk tyd nie. As jy byvoorbeeld in “intermediate kursus gedoen het sal jy as n graad 3 wees, n Advance kursus, 4, en as jy al national off road racing gedoen het n 5 (of wat ook al – net voorbeeld) Dit sal die organiseerder van n outride meer gemoedsrus gee, want in n mate het hy tog n verantwoordelikheid teenoor elkeen wat vir n “outride” opdaag

Ek het dit nogtans baie geniet en dankie vir al jou beplanning en moeite.

whitefish said:
Ja Legadema moet n 6 wees want hy het al al daai gedoen :pot:

En met so n lys agter jou naam. Vorige bikes: Kawasaki KX 250, KX500, CR250, 1150 adv, KTM 950 SE, VSTROM 1000, XR 650, XR 600, Blackbird, Hayabusa, GSXR 750, KDX200, Katana 650, GSXR 250, CB 750F, LTZ 400, YFZ 450, Blaster, 700 Raptor, Africa Twin.

Wat sal ons jou gee?  :mwink:

Ek het nog geen kursusse gedoen nie maar n 2 of n 3 miskien sal die ding doen, ek het twee van my sterre weggeval met die 950SE of moet ek nou se ek het een van my eiers weggeval.... Elk geval, is besig om weer aan die confidence te bou! :thumleft:

Legadema said:
R-O-V-Rat said:
lecap said:
Nice ride all together but the waiting for the "technical crew" was too long. Esp. at the second wait. I did not know how easy and fast it would have been to just carry on back to Dassiesfontein not being familiar with the area and stood and waited while the folks played with the coconuts ;D

Not sure if all others enjoy riding in these huge groups (?) and I think it has been discussed before but can't remembver the outcome. It's obviously a tad more to organise but I think it would be more enjoyable to split groups of that size. Less dust (my eyes are still sore, last nght felt like arc eyes :-\, less waiting.

We did wait to long at the second tech section. But with out rides you must always realise that things can go wrong. Bikes break, flat wheels people may fall. When this happens you will have to wait/help. These are all things that is part of riding. The point I am making is when riding in groups you need to consider the other riders and be patient.

If you don't like the waiting then you should ride alone. The dust could be sorted if you just keep a reasonable distance between you and the rider in-front. Buy a nice Wilddog buff and pull that over your mouth and nose under the helmet it helps alot.  :thumleft:

I did try something new by splitting the group into two for the tech stuff. If all went perfect it should have worked well. But unfortunately at the second one people did get stuck and took 45 min longer then expected. For me it was nice as I got to chat with lots of nice like minded people and just enjoyed there company.

I think I will start a thread with a poll and see if we could get some consensus on what type of rides should be arranged to keep the majority happy. :thumleft:

4: You don't gave to worry about planning anything it is all done. Just rock-up and ride.
5: If you are a newer rider you would most likely get a chance to push you skill level a little to better your abilities. There is always good advice to be found in group rides.

To me riding with others is great fun and the little dust and waiting is nothing.
ROV Rat, ek stem met jou saam oor jou siening van n “outride” Ek dink egter dat dit nie altyd vir die wat nie die tegniese gedeeltes gery het nie, nie so lekker was om te wag nie… (Ek was nie een van hulle nie) Wat my aanbetref is die ete of n dop saam, na, en voor die tyd die kennismaking en gesels tyd. As ek vir Legadema start wil ek ry !
Die punt wat ek wil maak, is dat tegniese gedeeltes van n outride nie n opleiding sessie is nie. Jy moet weet waar jou vermoë tot tegniese “off road riding” is. My vraag is dan of daar al n gradering van “bikers” gedoen is op die forum, en indien nie is dit nie dalk tyd nie. As jy byvoorbeeld in “intermediate kursus gedoen het sal jy as n graad 3 wees, n Advance kursus, 4, en as jy al national off road racing gedoen het n 5 (of wat ook al – net voorbeeld) Dit sal die organiseerder van n outride meer gemoedsrus gee, want in n mate het hy tog n verantwoordelikheid teenoor elkeen wat vir n “outride” opdaag

Hallo manne, ek het al saam met van die manne gery as ek die name en gesigte so kyk, As mens met 'n gradering van bikers begin sonder jy mense uit en veroorsaak jy wrywing tussen 'n klomp lekker honne, en baie keer kon jy ge'race het omdat jy dit finansieel kon bekostig waar beter ryers miskien net nie kon nie(net voorbeeld) dis wel belangrik dat elkeen weet wat hy/sy spesifieke vermoë is, en dit gaan oor die samesyn / kuier meer as die kompetisie, anders hoort jy op 'n enduro site, hierdie is meer manne wat toer / kamp en die lewe geniet, as jou bike ry vir jou lekker is, kan jy maar in 1ste ook rondkruip....
Alle eer aan ROV-RAT, mens sal nooit almal gelukkig kry nie, glo my ek het al probeer, die boodskap vir hulle, sorry ou maat as dit ni lekke was nie moenie join volg keer nie...just my 2c

weskus said:
Legadema said:
R-O-V-Rat said:
lecap said:

Hallo manne, ek het al saam met van die manne gery as ek die name en gesigte so kyk, As mens met 'n gradering van bikers begin sonder jy mense uit en veroorsaak jy wrywing tussen 'n klomp lekker honne, en baie keer kon jy ge'race het omdat jy dit finansieel kon bekostig waar beter ryers miskien net nie kon nie(net voorbeeld) dis wel belangrik dat elkeen weet wat hy/sy spesifieke vermoë is, en dit gaan oor die samesyn / kuier meer as die kompetisie, anders hoort jy op 'n enduro site, hierdie is meer manne wat toer / kamp en die lewe geniet, as jou bike ry vir jou lekker is, kan jy maar in 1ste ook rondkruip....
Alle eer aan ROV-RAT, mens sal nooit almal gelukkig kry nie, glo my ek het al probeer, die boodskap vir hulle, sorry ou maat as dit ni lekke was nie moenie join volg keer nie...just my 2c

+1000000 :thumleft:
Nes jy da se :thumleft: If you dont like it, stay at home!

Aan die einde van die dag was dit donners lekker gewees, lekker gery, lekker gesels en lekker geeet :deal: En ander so bietjie lekker gesukkel :imaposer: All part of having fun!!
IT WAS GREAT and THANKS!!

Ek wat nie daar was nie sal graag nog pic's wil sien indien enigsins moontlik? :peepwall:

stoetbul said:
Ek wat nie daar was nie sal graag nog pic's wil sien indien enigsins moontlik? :peepwall:

Sorry  Stoet! Ek dink nie die ouens het baie fotos geneem nie. Ek vergeet elke keer om by die voor ride chat net darem vir die ouens te se stop enige tyd en neem asb fotos want ons wil almal die fotos sien.

So onthou tog asseblief mense volgende keer stop en neem fotos. Ons sal wag vir julle.  :thumleft:

Did u guys ride the mountain trail route that we came down (Canola w.end) the other way round?  That must have been interesting :biggrin:

1 KAT said:
Did u guys ride the mountain trail route that we came down (Canola w.end) the other way round?  That must have been interesting :biggrin:

yes we did. it was epic.

isiTututu said:
1 KAT said:

And if anyone is wondering where the rest of the photos are - there aren't any. We were too busy riding or talking kark to take photos.
Then maybe I should just join next time and snap some shots. :3some: :thumleft:

I must say, I really fell in love with my bike yesterday - all the sandy bits, the rocky bits, the rutted bits and the uphill bits, it just ate them up and begged for more! I even had 2 DRZ fanboys ask to take it for a ride! Huskies FTW!

You shouldve got the XR, Wes...

:eek:scar:

On a serious note though... Open your friggin airbox already!!!