Another Great Overberg ride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dual

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
R-O-V-Rat get gereel en die ander het opgedaag
Die weer was fantasties en almal het lekker grondpad gery
So paar fotos geneem - die manne jaag so erg, dat daar amper nie kans was vir fotos nie

ROV01.jpg

ROV03.jpg

ROV04.jpg

ROV05.jpg

Die manne eet mooi in gelid

ROV06.jpg

ROV07.jpg

ROV08.jpg

ROV09.jpg

Sover ek weet was daar geen voorvalle nie, en niemand het geval nie - help my reg as ek verkeerd is

Nog so paar fotos

ROV15.jpg

ROV16.jpg

ROV18.jpg

ROV19.jpg

ROV20.jpg

Last but not least - Die Overberg bly maar mooi

ROV17-1.jpg

Looks like it was an awesome ride with great weather and stunning scenery.  Great one chaps.  Post some more photies…

R-O-V-Rat thanks a mil for a fantastic ride.

32 bikes says a lot...  :thumleft:

What a a nice day.  :thumleft:

I think we where just over 30 bikes. There where some late-comers (Milddog) but apart from that we left about 10 to 9. Went strait to Houwhoek pass. Every one got through very easy. The pass hasn't been graded for a long time and was rutted with loose stuff. Well done all!

From there a short peace of Van der Stell pass and then over Hawston view road to eat at Dassiesfontien. Breakfast kept us busy for about an hour + as we arrived there was a big group of road bikes that also just arrived.

From here a short run to Karwyderskraal road. I had a little alternative route set aside for the more adrenalin junkies and the more respectable people went all the way along the Karwyderskraal road.

I lead the junkies up a nice little 2 wheeled track along side the mountains. There was not real incidents except for our late comer how was now over eager to show of and try out his new atgatt!  :imaposer:

From here a nice relaxed ride to the bottom of Shaws pass to another alternative road. This time we seem to have found more junkies and of we go. This section was long up-hills loose gravel with rocks.  :ricky: It is about 3 km long and if you mange to keep your momentum going up it can be done in 10 min. But loose momentum it will take you 45 min+.  :pot: I think our sweeper Mr NisMark is going to have very stiff mussels tomorrow, apparently he stooted a lot of bikes today. :imaposer:

After that little up-hill  :pot: we did a nice little run through the farms back to Dassies for a cold one.

Thanks to everyone that came on the ride. Hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did.  :thumleft:

Sorry I didn't take to many pics.

017-2.jpg

020.jpg

021-1.jpg

024-2.jpg

Lekka lekka lekka, wat a great day, thanks to everybody that was there and a special one for R-O-V-Rat for organising.  :laughing4:

R-O-V-Rat great ride.
Very nice route , especially the one with the sandy bits , even though I`m out of practice.Thanks NISMARK for keeping an eye on me
Nice to meet so many new riders and meet up with some that I hadnt seen for ages.
Finally got a close up look at the 1200 Tenere, Cool bike Yami 900.

All in all , good days riding .

Thanks again Rov !

Gees guys and ladies, where are all the pic's? Hope we didn't go to fast or something? If we did it was all Andy's fault he kept on telling me to go faster!  :peepwall:

Did anyone take any pics on the technical section?

Se`my buzzlightyear ? kan jy by jou pa bly op daardie Tenere ?
Want hy is glad nie stadig op daai bike van hom !

Andy660 said:
Se`my buzzlightyear ? kan jy by jou pa bly op daardie Tenere ?
Want hy is glad nie stadig op daai bike van hom !

Jy bedoel kan hy by my bly  :D Just kidding, we never race when we ride together, well, actually it's a slow race then  :thumleft:

Rooipoot loves mixing it with the fast guys  ;) He's only been riding on dirt for 35/40 years  :)

Yes, thanx guys, was an amazing day  :thumleft:

Was also nice meeting some new people  :3some:

Big up Riaan, cant wait for the next one  :ricky:

Ride safe

dual said:
niemand het geval nie - help my reg as ek verkeerd is

:toothy1:

Just a topple over but it did cost me a mirror though...

:bluduh:

Lekker ride, RovRat, thanks!!!

Hi All,

Thanks for a great days riding, really enjoyed it.  :ricky:

ciao

It was a lekker ride , thanks RovRat for organising  :thumleft:

Was good to see everyone  :biggrin: